Recruiting -- Class of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The great thing about making it Big, is that McAleer is a local Kansas kid. Hopefully he does make it big.

Let’s name some of our local Kansas and Wichita kidsWho are made it big?

And I’m defining “making it big”, as a Shocker All American like Mark Standiford (who didn’t make it as an MLB player) who was an NCAA Home Run leaderor a Top 5 draft choice like Darren Dreifort. Both of them were local Wichita kids. We also had one from Salina, I think.
    Pat Meares

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Pat Meares
      Is he the only one? Didn’t we have one from Valley Center?

Comment

Is he the only one? Didn’t we have one from Valley Center?
        And one from Lawrence, and from Wichita Heights who became a 13 -15 year pro and now the Shox pitching coach? My memory is starting to wane, but there may have been more locally produced Shockers. These Kansas kids all came to play for the Shox even though some might have been able to bypass the college route.

Comment

• That kid from Maize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            That kid from Maize.
            Good catch

Nate Robertson is who you are talking about.

Other local Shocker AA, and and/or Major Leaguers,

Kevin Hooper from Lawrence
            Mike Drumright from Valley Center
            Mike Pelfrey from Wichita Heights
            Jim Thomas from Wichita Southeast
            Carl Hall from Derby (I think)
            Chris Wimmer from Wichita East
            Shane Dennis from Uniontown
            Mark Standiford from Wichita North
            Pat Meares Salina

There are other local Shockers in the Shocker HOF, but I don't think they made became Major Leaguers or AA teams. If anyone sees any errors or players of note that need to be added, please make corrections

Comment

Good catch

Nate Robertson is who you are talking about.

Other local Shocker AA, and and/or Major Leaguers,

Kevin Hooper from Lawrence
              Mike Drumright from Valley Center
              Mike Pelfrey from Wichita Heights
              Jim Thomas from Wichita Southeast
              Carl Hall from Derby (I think)
              Chris Wimmer from Wichita East
              Shane Dennis from Uniontown
              Mark Standiford from Wichita North
              Pat Meares Salina

There are other local Shockers in the Shocker HOF, but I don't think they made became Major Leaguers or AA teams. If anyone sees any errors or players of note that need to be added, please make corrections
              Carl Hall was from Campus (Haysville)

Comment

• I did some perusing on the 2022 top draft prospects. We didn't have anyone listed on the latest Top 100 list. I didn't find Izzy on any of the lists I saw, but Henry appeared on the Top 200 list, with this scouting report. These lists include college prospects, and high school prospects, and also players like Kumar Rocker who was drafted 10th last year, but couldn't come to an agreement with the team who drafted him, so he was listed as Independent this year (he may have played on an independent team last summer). He had some rumors of a physical he didn't pass for one of the teams interested prior to the draft (elbow rumors).

Austin Henry

Henry is a cold-weather arm from South Dakota who lit it up. He’s long, athletic and physical already at 6’5, 215lbs with some projection still remaining. It’s a terrific pitching frame with long limbs and a high waist. He operates solely from the stretch with a near-over the top arm slot and some effort in the delivery. The fastball sat in the upper 80s, touching 90, but it was the curveball that stole the show. It’s a true hammer with hard, steep break, great depth and RPMs north of 3000 - arguably one of the best pitches in the class. Henry kept hitters off balance throughout his outing and allowed no hard contact.

Joe Drake

Comment

• Shox pick up a transfer commitment from Carter Rost of Bismarck State Juco in North Dakota. Went 6-1 with an ERA of 3.12 in 57.2 appearances last season. Had 69 K's and three saves as well. 6'3" 185 LB.

https://bscmystics.com/sports/bsb/20...st_carter_k145

Comment

• Looking through our commitments, there’s three that stand out; Austin Henry, AJ Izzi, Sam McAleer. Austin Henry may be the highest touted recruit we’ve had in recent history? He may be a guy who goes high in the draft.

Comment

• Came across a commitment that I don’t think has been discussed. Mauricio Millan, a catcher at El Paso CC. So far this year in 23 games he’s hitting 280 with an OPS of 830.

Former Coronado baseball player Mauricio Millan commits to Wichita State to play baseball.

Comment

• Pitching help is on the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          Looking through our commitments, there’s three that stand out; Austin Henry, AJ Izzi, Sam McAleer. Austin Henry may be the highest touted recruit we’ve had in recent history? He may be a guy who goes high in the draft.
                          McAleer was the #1 catcher in Kansas (I think).

This kid (Reese Ratchford) was the #1 Catcher in Oklahoma, and the #2 Oklahoma High School Recruit. Also, a QB on his football team.

#1 Ranked Catcher in OKLAHOMA @reese_ratchford & Wichita St. ⚾️ Commit hitting 405 on High Box not even 8 months Post Op.

Was hitting 90+ this weekend on the Bump.(this was from July 2021)

We have several good Catcher recruits to replace Cadena.

Comment

• Matt Wilkinson from Iowa Central CC committed today. Tritons are 11-4 on the season. Wilkinson appears to be their closer. 7 2/3 innings earning 4 saves. 2.35 ERA with 3 walks to 9 strikeouts.

Comment

• Comment

• Shox pick up a commit from 6'4" 205 LB SS/3B Jarrett Flaggert out of Choctaw, OK. Originally committed to Eastern Oklahoma State Juco but now headed to the Shox.

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/p...ert-0913745268

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=682684

Looks like a BIG BOPPER:

Comment

Working...
                                X