No announcement yet.

Darron Boatright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose if ADDB is as terrible as some believe then the person who hired ADDB deserves some criticism as well, although I haven't noticed that. Maybe his new boss, when hired, will realize the mistake and take corrective action.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You really think he played a major part in those things??
      In keeping positive relationships with Marshall and Lamb, and especially advocating for and maneuvering into the AAC, abso-friggin-lutely.

I'm all onboard about the handling of the baseball program. But, I'm tired of it and too excited about the future to keep beating that horse. And while Wedge may have hired himself, ADDB didn't screw it up any more and get in the way, either.

I think some seriously underestimate the challenges associated with moving to the AAC. And as near as I can tell, it was handled nearly flawlessly,

I think some underestimate the challenges associated with keeping Marshall happy.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I wondered the same thing. Seems a bit harsh.

Fortunately if ADDB were to leave, recruiting his replacement needn't go further than ShockerNet as there are numerous qualified and able replacements to pick up the torch and bring the programs to new and unseen heights.
        I don’t think anyone in here has said they are qualified for the job.

Kinda strawmanning it a bit there, Doc.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I suppose if ADDB is as terrible as some believe then the person who hired ADDB deserves some criticism as well, although I haven't noticed that. Maybe his new boss, when hired, will realize the mistake and take corrective action.
          Can good people make bad calls? Also, it’s kinda hard to criticize someone who is no longer with us.

Thats the problem with some posters here. They think if you’re a *true* WSU fan, you have to participate in group think and think anybody associated with WSU is infallible. I get it. Fans are homers. But to start calling out other people because they don’t believe in the group think, is a bit lame and slightly annoying.

Boatright has done about as many things wrong as he’s done right. That equates to mehville.

The fact that people even defend the guy when he acts douchy on twitter makes it even more unbelievable.

Infallible.
          Last edited by ShockerFever; October 23, 2019, 01:35 PM.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm not defending his tweets. I haven't really even followed that. I don't follow ADDB on twitter. My recomendation to him would be to get off of twiiter. But the complaints on this thread had gone well beyond his tweets.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 23, 2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Somebody remind me: What's that old saying about the pot calling the kettle "douchy."
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                Somebody remind me: What's that old saying about the pot calling the kettle "douchy."
                Aw, not a fan of the SF? :( Never would’ve known.

Give me a 6 figure salary and a high profile position and I can drop my twitter account. No worries.

But once again, thanks for contributing something worthwhile Wuuuuuuzeeee.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'd have a fun time with your employment review. "Now Mr. Rulz, we're gonna take a look at the overall performance of the department you are over. Anything bad that happened during that time frame, well we are going to have to take that into serious consideration for your future compensation. But anything good that came out of your time overseeing the department -- well that's all credited to me."
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                    No need to remind you. For a perfect example see WuDr's post above.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'd have a fun time with your employment review. "Now Mr. Rulz, we're gonna take a look at the overall performance of the department you are over. Anything bad that happened during that time frame, well we are going to have to take that into serious consideration for your future compensation. But anything good that came out of your time overseeing the department -- well that's all credited to me."
                      I've handled plenty of employee reviews and I can tell you for a fact that I know when someone is riding the coattails of others and when they truly have an integral role in successes or failures of goals and initiatives. There is a BIG difference and anyone who can't see that is not looking at reality.

Comment

I've handled plenty of employee reviews and I can tell you for a fact that I know when someone is riding the coattails of others and when they truly have an integral role in successes or failures of goals and initiatives. There is a BIG difference and anyone who can't see that is not looking at reality.
                        So what major goals and initiatives did ADDB screw up so badly that it has caused you to have hatred and contempt for him?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Who else created these conditions during these times? The President and the AD created a vision that WSU needed to become one of the elite basketball (Top 50) powers. They found a conference that was worthy of a Top 50 Basketball Power, found donors to fund a 1 Million dollar debt, found donors to fund HCGM 3.5 Million salary, found donors to fund HCEW salary, donors to fund the indoor practice facility, and has continued Shocker National relevancy in BB and VB, for the past 10 years or so, and then even a resursergence of Mens BSB again. Why wouldn’t ADDB get some of the credit?

Comment

One would hope that if one is doing an employee review one would have first hand knowledge of the employees job requirements and duties. I for one have no idea of what ADDB 's job requirements or duties are. If some one could point me to the publication that list these and the criteria that I can evaluate him on please let me know, otherwise most of this patter is based on personal feelings or things that we feel should be an AD's duties. Even if soneone has had a job as an AD or an associate AD I would imagine it is different at each institution and each has it's own unique needs and requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              One would hope that if one is doing an employee review one would have first hand knowledge of the employees job requirements and duties. I for one have no idea of what ADDB 's job requirements or duties are. If some one could point me to the publication that list these and the criteria that I can evaluate him on please let me know, otherwise most of this patter is based on personal feelings or things that we feel should be an AD's duties. Even if soneone has had a job as an AD or an associate AD I would imagine it is different at each institution and each has it's own unique needs and requirements.
                              I'm sure one of the expectations was not to be a hack on social media.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Social media has many faults and advantages. A fault is that it allows interpretation by others which may miss the intent of the post. As many have noted here it would be great to have a sarcasm button but we don’t and we have to muddle through odd and seemingly random posts

Comment

Working...
                                X