No announcement yet.

AAC Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincy jsut put up a 5 spot in the top of the 3rd to take a 6-1 lead.

Comment

• ECU UCONN are mortal locks. Talking to UCF yesterday they feel they’re in. One of UCF or Houston gets in. Hoping for 5 but probably 4.

Comment

• UConn responded to Cincy's five spot in the top of the 3rd with a 2 spot in the bottom of the 3rd on a single, walk, walk and 2-out, 2-run single to get back in the game at 6-3. But Cincy trumped that with 3 more runs in the top of the 4th and the Bearcats are now leading 9-3 after 4 innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          ECU UCONN are mortal locks. Talking to UCF yesterday they feel they’re in. One of UCF or Houston gets in. Hoping for 5 but probably 4.
          I think at most the AAC gets 4 in. Right now D1 Baseball has 4 AAC teams in. ECU, UConn, UCF and Houston. But Houston is their last team in.

If Cincy holds on to beat UConn then they may very well knock Houston out.

Comment

• I think UConn ran out of pitching.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I think UConn ran out of pitching.
              Looks like it plus they are going to want to make sure they have their pitching set up got NCAA Tournament play.

Cincy up 19-4 in the top of the 7th.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
                Today should be a good day, folks! If my source is correct, keep your eyes and ears peeled this afternoon.
                Don’t get us excited for nothing.

Although, doing it on Memorial weekend Sunday, will subject the termination with the least media attention possible so that might be an angle they take advantage of.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Don’t get us excited for nothing.

Although, doing it on Memorial weekend Sunday, will subject the termination with the least media attention possible so that might be an angle they take advantage of.
                  Well, I woke up to a text with info this morning. I’m assuming there will need to be time for addressing the players (which I should’ve accounted for and didn’t). Not sure of when the team got back, but hopefully the players are still around. If I had to “guess” I’d say the deed has been done. If my source is yanking me around as a cruel joke I’ll be thoroughly pissed!
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I think UConn ran out of pitching.
                    UConn is no doubt more concerned about setting up their pitching for the ,NCAA Tournament than winning this game.

Cincy OTOH needed to win this game or finish their season
                    Cincy now up 21-4 in the top of the 9th and have the bases loaded with 1 out. Obviously no 10 run rule I'm the Championship game.

I suppose this kind of thing is why this game is on ESPNNews.

Comment

• DJ.... you DA MAN!
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As happens in baseball so often, I swung and missed badly. East Carolina hosts as a 10 seed. NC State is the 2, Campbell 3 and Quinnipiac 4. UCONN is the 2 seed in OKC with OSU hosting as the 9 seed. They'll face Nebraska while the Pokes get 4 seed Harvard. And the only other AAC team to make it in is the auto qualifier, Cincinnati, who gets a 4 seed in Oregon where they will face #16 seed Oregon State. Creighton and Michigan also are in that regional. Houston and UCF were left out. The B1G, 7th RPI and 6th WN Elo ranked, was not punished for watching #126 Ohio State win their auto bid however. The B1G also got Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Nebraska as at large teams. FIVE total. AAC, ranked ahead of the B1G by any metric, got 3. Probably 2 if Cincinnati had lost to UCONN Sunday. Some things never change.

Comment

• A little late with this information but I don't think this has been posted yet. If it has my bad.

2 Shockers made the AAC All-Tournament team -- Contrats to Sr. Mason O'Brien and Fr. David VanVooren. David could be a very nice piecce to Coach Wedge's first puzzle. Hopefully, his performance in the AAC Tournament will carryover to next season.

Comment

Working...
                          X