Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that was close.

Comment

• I thought Boyer looked a little casual getting that ball to second. But the play at first for the DP wasn't remotely close. Ball hit a little slow.

FC drives in a run, and then a grounder to 3rd to end the inning.

6-2. Could be MUCH worse.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The strategy of loading the bases with no outs worked out pretty well although UConn just missed a bases loaded double into the right field corner. Bottom line is getting out of that allowing only one run keeps the Shocks in the game trailing 6-2 after 5.

Comment

• Damn fine relief work by UConn's Colby Dunlop. Maybe a change in scenery will help the Shocks.

Comment

• It's tough to be a catcher, but catching this staff is brutal.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              No kidding. Cadena has been outstanding behind the plate but man has he taken a beating today. And most of those saves have been with runners on base. Kid could probably have been a dang good hockey goalie. Between that and the heat the kid has to be dragging.

• Ross needed medical attention after the game yesterday. Can’t put into words the job he’s done here, and the last month or so. He’s basically caught every pitch, and literally hundreds in the dirt.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Was that medical attention due to heat exhaustion or dehydration?

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Dehydration but he could barely walk 90 minutes after the game. USF staff was outstanding as well as everyone at Spectrum. Classy folks and a well run tournament for sure. Hope I’m able to return next year.

• Just what Ross needed taking a very hard foul ball to the mask.

Comment

• UConn brings on their closer Jacob Wallace to pitch the 9th. Shocks trail 8-3.

Comment

• Has the next coach been announced yet?

Comment

• Shocks get a couple of walks but unable to do anything with them and their season comes to an end.

But you have to like the effort the guys gave here at the end of the year. The could have easily just folded their tents and played out the string. Kudos to them for not doing that.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not big on participation trophies but the attitude and approach has been different these last 3-4 weeks and it’s showed. I certainly will not fault anyone for play like that. We were beat today by a better team. It’s time for us to become the better team.

• Boatramp officially on the clock.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It’s finally over!

Comment

• Mike Kennedy closed his radio show with the comment that it is not his place to comment on what might happen from here but that atheltic director Darron Boatright was committed to having a successful baseball program.

To me that is kind of like saying I can't tell you what I know or think but the AD wants a successful program and we have not had any success under the current head coach. So if the former is in fact true the conclusion as to what will happen is seemingly pretty much foregone.

Comment

• Is this something new for ADDB or was he committed to having a successful baseball program before now? If so, this may not mean much. Most people thought a change should have been made last year, if not before that?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                          Is this something new for ADDB or was he committed to having a successful baseball program before now? If so, this may not mean much. Most people thought a change should have been made last year, if not before that?
                          I could not say one way or the other since I don't have access to anywhere near to all the facts nor do I have any kind of personal contact with ADDB

However, just the fact that Mike Kennedy even mentioned it in the manner he to did is telling to me.

Maybe I am reading too much into that.

​​​
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 25, 2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                            WuDrWu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Mike was speaking from his heart, not knowledge. He knows the same thing that we all see. We aren’t winning enough.

• ShockerFever
                            ShockerFever commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You keep saying the “not winning enough” line like we’re really close but not quite there. We’re losing more games than we’re winning. So in fact, we aren’t winning at all.

Your statement possibly would make sense for the end of the previous coaching situation. This one... not even close.
                        Working...
                        X