No announcement yet.

2018 MLB Draft June 4th - June 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In what appears to me to be a sign that Luke Ritter is very likely to be back with the Shocks next season the Twins have signed 9 of their 20 Round 21 - 40 draft picks. 8 of those guys signed for a bonus of $1,000. One, a LHP picked in Round 33, got a $20,000 signing bonus.

Head track and field director Steve Rainbolt, student-athletes Taran Taylor and Aaron True fielded questions, Tuesday, on the recent USA Junior Championships and upcoming USA Championships.

Comment

PhilliesBaseballFan.com‏ @s_m_potter Jun 19
      6/19/18 : Alec Bohm triples on the first pitch he sees as a professional hitter

An opposite field shot. One of the things the Phillies liked about Alec was his ability to use the entire field.

Comment

@bheuer569

First pro game for @C_Heuey12 in Helena MT. FO to Short, K, Triple, GO. Great start then his @GoShockersBSB catcher Gunner Troutwine starts his career out w a Dinger!! Go Voyagers!

12:37 PM - 17 Jun 2018

Codi and Gunnar with the Great Falls Voyagers (Montana). the White Sox Rookie League team.

Here is the box score from the game referred to in the tweet: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...g_box&sid=l128

Codi started the game. Went 2 innings giviing up 2 runs (1 earned) on 2 hits. Gunnar went 2 for 3 including a home run plus a walk and drove in 3 runs.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 20, 2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Greyson went 0-4 in his first game with Danville Braves. Atlanta’s Rookie league team.

Comment

• shockfan89_
            shockfan89_ commented
            Editing a comment
            He did go 2-4 yesterday though. 2-8 in his first two games.

I also noticed he was listed as 1B and not OF.

Keylan Killgore has announced on Instagram that he will sign with the Phillies. Good luck Keylan although we could sure have used you next year.

kkillgore16
          • kkillgore16For as long as I can remember, if you asked me what my dream was, I would tell you I wanted to be a professional baseball player. All these years later and that dream has come true. Growing up in Wichita, it was an easy decision choosing to play at Wichita state and my years there brought me countless memories and a group of brothers that cannot be replaced. I can’t thank everyone enough for helping me on this journey. I feel blessed to have such a great support system behind me that has given me all of the tools to get to where I am today. I could never put into words my appreciation for my family and my amazing fiancé, I love you guys more than anything. For now, it’s on to fulfill a lifelong dream and join the Phillies Organization.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            In what appears to me to be a sign that Luke Ritter is very likely to be back with the Shocks next season the Twins have signed 9 of their 20 Round 21 - 40 draft picks. 8 of those guys signed for a bonus of $1,000. One, a LHP picked in Round 33, got a $20,000 signing bonus.

http://goshockers.com/news/2018/6/20...ue-taylor.aspx
            NM - I should not post when talking on the phone...
            Last edited by shockfan89_; June 22, 2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

MLB Pipeline‏ @MLBPipeline

3-for-3 for No. 3

No. 3 overall #MLBDraft pick Alec Bohm 3-for-3 with 2 runs, 2 RBIs, a BB & a SB for the GCL #Phillies today. https://atmlb.com/2tipU7u

12:52 PM - 21 Jun 2018

Comment

Bohn may not be there very long

Comment

He has already moved on to Williamsport. Advanced A.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Alec continues to struggle at Williamsport. Batting .204 with only 1 extra base hit, a double.

Greyson starting tonight for the Rome Braves, a Single A team about 60 miles from Atlanta. Moved to RF tonight.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Editing a comment
                    Jenista batting .320 in his first 7 games In Rome. Playing 1B.

Killgore moved up to Williamsport without throwing a single pitch in Clearwater. Pitched his first professional pitches just hours of landing in Williamsport.

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Editing a comment
                    Keylan with a couple appearances for Williamsport. 6 SO and 2 walks in 2.0 innings of work. Picked up 1 save. Has a 4.50 ERA so far.

Player Round Pick Team
                  Luke Ritter 37th 1,114th Minnesota Twins
                  Jake Plastiak (Signee) 28th 831st San Diego Padres
                  Connery Peters (Signee) 38th 1,154th Los Angeles Dodgers

The deadline for signing 2018 MLB Draft picks was Friday, July 6th. It would appear that Luke, Jake and Connery did not sign and will be in Shocker uniforms this coming year. That was pretty much as expected.

USF's Shane McClanahan played a game of chicken with Tampa Bay but he did end up signing yesterday with the Rays for $2.23 million (about $5k over slot).

Four 1st round draft picks did not sign.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Given 3 of the 4 first round picks that didn't sign are pitchers, it will be interesting to see if all will have made the right choice.

Trey Vickers batting .262 in 13 games for the GCL Nationals, Washington’s Rookie League team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Two of these guys are tied to Mississippi State - one current player and a signee. I seem to remember a Top 3 pick out of HS deciding to honor his commitment to TCU a couple of years ago as well. That is some serious selling going on in the college ranks to get a kid (and his family) to pass on that kind of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post

Two of these guys are tied to Mississippi State - one current player and a signee. I seem to remember a Top 3 pick out of HS deciding to honor his commitment to TCU a couple of years ago as well. That is some serious selling going on in the college ranks to get a kid (and his family) to pass on that kind of cash.
                      Or there’s something dirty going on in Starkville.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                      X