No announcement yet.

#20 Wichita State hosts UConn, 3 Game Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks get another run in the 2nd, trail 5-2 to the 3rd. This feels like it may turn into a shootout.

Comment

Credit to Liam for arresting the freefall after that terrible 1st inning. Still 5-2 to the bottom of the 3rd. Let's lob some medium depth fly balls and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
        Btw, it is a nice afternoon. People should be out here. There are plenty of seats protected from the wind. The crowd is ... well ... not a crowd. More of a smattering.

Go get a burger and come out!
        Ok nevermind. It's cold now.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Ok nevermind. It's cold now.
          Cold is the least of the reasons to be coming out.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

UConn bombs the lead up to 8-2 in the 4th. Shocks gotta start doing something with runners on base.

Comment

Lets just make a regional to add another year on the stadium facade and call it a win. This team is a 'two & Q' in the regionals.

Comment

This is frustrating. Almost like the previous 2 to 3 years...(or more).

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  Lets just make a regional to add another year on the stadium facade and call it a win. This team is a 'two & Q' in the regionals.
                  I freaking hate agreeing with KC.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Time to shutter the program again. We have no business playing baseball.

Comment

Well yuck.

Lot of pressure on Tommy to avert total disaster on Sunday.

Comment

Shooters are now 8th place in the America .

Comment

Well I am glad I got free tickets... because that was a really poor outing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Time to shutter the program again. We have no business playing baseball.
                            3-5 in the AAC. What’s our best weekend series win? Furman?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I thought last Friday was bad and at least was hoping that it was an aberration that would not be repeated soon. In fact after coming back to take the final 2 games of the Tulane series and the late comeback to beat OSU in Stillwater I thought maybe last Friday was a wake up call. Not exactly the same thing today but in a way it is worse. UConn is without their best pitcher and we have already lost the series behind our #1 and #2 guys. The next two weekends are on the road at Houston and UCF at a time when perhaps Memphis will be the only team looking up at the Shocks in the AAC standings. I have previously said that we probably should give this team until after the Houston series to really be able to make a fair evaluation of them and I have tried not to get too high or too low on them. The DH loss to UConn is really testing me on that but I'm going to stick by that.

That said we are 60% into the season and we have a good record but I am still not sure about this team and still wonder if our record is the product of a somewhat better team multiplied by a somewhat weaker schedule. Is that now getting exposed as we are into AAC play? I don't like the way the arrow is pointing but we still have 16 AAC games to play and despite sitting in 8th place we are not totally out of a top half league finish by any means but we are rapidly using up our mulligans.

Comment

Game three starts in style. Low BBIQ gift run by the shocker defense.

Shockers half Troutwibe STL with bases loaded.
                                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                                X