Wichita State Host The Huskers For 3 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid inning from Tyler.

Would like to see the offense do a little something here after taking the last few innings off.

Comment

Encouraging to see a scoreless 8th from Cody - he'll be key in mid-week action.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        We also need to get Alex Segal built up and pitching effectively. Not only are these two guys capable but we aren't exactly deep in lefty pitching.

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Incredible beginning to Eddy's career, regardless of competition. Hopefully he can continue to get stronger and maintain his level-headedness.
      The young man seems to understand the art of pitching.

Comment

Barnhouse in for some reason, gives up a 2-run jack.

6-3

Comment

Solid 6-3 win.

8-0. Gotta like that. Hopefully a few of these other position players can build off of the hits today. 0 walks drawn today, but also only 1 strikeout.

Comment

Nice job Shocks. Another good all-around effort including 9 more error free innings.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
              Shocktoberfest commented
              Editing a comment
              This is starting to feel diff...

Another very solid win. Great job Shocks.

Major hat tip to our starting pitching so far this weekend. Our entire bullpen should be available as needed.

Comment

My first game of the season, and i saw some pretty well played baseball today.

Liam Eddy is a nice looking pitcher. He was throwing a variety of pitchers aggressively. Sanburn was nasty.

The big difference today vs. many games i saw last year was the hitters aggressive approach at the plate. These good hitters should hit their pitch any time in the count and they did that today. You can't get a three-run BB.

This is a nice start for the Shox. It is baseball and there are a lot of games and peaks and valleys in the season ... but it is definitely better to start on a peak.

BTW, I was a little late and walked into what looked like a Huskers home game on the 3B line. Come out after the hoops game tomorrow, out-number those red-clad bug eaters, and root for that sweep.
              Last edited by Shocker85; March 3, 2018, 05:22 PM.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Reminder: Admission to Sunday's game is free with a basketball ticket stub for the Cincy game which should end an hour or so before first pitch. Why not make it an all day event for your group.

http://goshockers.com/sports/2015/5/...ule.aspx?id=10
                Bump.

Comment

Please don't come out if you haven't been already.Don't be the one to mess up the mojo we have going.The boys are doing fine without you and I like sitting anywhere I please.

Comment

Just wanted to report, because I had a good angle and radio and Shocker TV missed it, that the Bohm's tater actually landed on the flat top of the wooden power pole that is 15-feet behind and about 20 feet above the scoreboard before it bounced across 21st. That pole is his now, cuz nobody's doing that ever again. if you haven't been out, you're missing a couple of very special hitters and a team that's making good contact up and down the lineup. Gene's back on board. No reason to hold out.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• WheatShock
                      WheatShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I used google maps measurement tool to find that Bohm's pole is 410' from home plate.

If it doesn't hit the pole and clears 21st on the fly that would be at least 480'. Damned impressive, wind or no wind.

Bohm and Jenista might just be worth going out to the park just to watch them at the very least. I'm still not completely sold. We've had some loud innings with lots of long ball clean up, but a lot of zeros too. Liam is obviously a stud and probably the most reliable arm we have and he's a freaking freshman. Still a lot of outs on the base paths including some really dumb pick off outs.

I'm not sure how good Nebraska is. I guess that's TBD too. But wow, kind of embarrassing to be outnumbered in our own park by those loudass bug eaters. Kinda puts it in perspective how far the program has fallen. Hopefully they complete the sweep and we outnumber them tomorrow with ..ahem.. free tickets.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Today's back-to-back jacks. Greyson was a bit out on his front foot which shows how strong he his. Alec, just like yesterday, new it was long gone the second he hit it.

Comment

• Shockm
                        Shockm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes One creates more torque if the transfer of weight from back is perfectly timed. But the long trunk mixed with long arms that Jenista has, when extended away from his trunk also creates a torque that a shorter man with alligator arms cannot create. Jenista has a unique build that is made for power. Good for GJ.

Shocks knot it at 1 apiece in the 1st on a RBI groundout by O'Brien.

Comment

Scout(s) from the A’s in the house today.
                        The Assman

Comment

Working...
                        X