• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State Host The Huskers For 3 Games

Looks like the starting rotation will be the same as it has been:

Wichita St. Baseball‏ @GoShockersBSB weekend rotation vs. Nebraska

Series Notes

Would this be considered the first "real" test for the Shox?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

To the best of my Nowledge:yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Would this be considered the first "real" test for the Shox?
        Yes. NU will be able to hit the ball, so for our pitchers this will be a big test. NU is down 3-4 pitchers in the first two week of the season, so I expect we may have some high-scoring affairs this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post

Yes. NU will be able to hit the ball, so for our pitchers this will be a big test. NU is down 3-4 pitchers in the first two week of the season, so I expect we may have some high-scoring affairs this weekend.
          Maybe Nebraska will be able to hit. That is a bit hard to predict. Atfer 8 games they are hitting 0.216 as a team with an OPS of .619 and a total of 2 home runs in 8 games.

Nebraska pitchers are allowing opponents to hit 0.290 with an OPS .763 and have given up 4 home runs with an ERA of 4.37.

By contrast, the Shocks are hitting .254 as a tea, with an OPS of .850 and a total of 9 home runs in 6 games.

Shocker pitchers are allowing oppinets to hit .232 with an OPS of .678 om 6 games and have given uip 4 home runs with an ERA 4.00

Nebraska is 5-3 with a Boyd's World ISR rating of 55 and has played 2 games each against teams with ISR's of 1 (Oregon State), 51 (Utah), 93 (Wasington State) and 127 (UC Riverside).

The Shocks are 6-0 with a rating an ISR of 132 and have played 3 games each agaisnt 52 (McNeese State) and 281 (Nebraska-Omaha).

Not sure how valuable these ISR ratings are this early in the season. I'm guessing that Nebraska's surperior ISR is partly due to having 2 of their 3 losses agaisnt Oregon State.

I think this series could go either way. Hopefully, we will get some quality starts from Codi, Liam and Conner.

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            So if you were to decode this in English to someone that doesn't speak baseball, you are saying we might be very similar to Nebraska?

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            "Might" being very key.

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly. Maybe. Not Sure. We'll see.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2018, 10:51 AM.

Looks like a fairly warm for this time of the year but breezy weekend. Great opportunity for the program to take a big step forward and it would be a lot easier if a few thousand Shocker faithful showed up to assist. Go Shocks!

Comment

Love some early-season workday baseball listening. Lets get it.

Go Shox

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Looks like a fairly warm for this time of the year but breezy weekend. Great opportunity for the program to take a big step forward and it would be a lot easier if a few thousand Shocker faithful showed up to assist. Go Shocks!
              A little breezy indeed. 20-25 mph winds out of the South all 3 days. Stay alert if driving past the stadium on 21st street during the games. Hopefully, the Shocks pitchers can keep the ball down and you don't want to be issuing a lot of free passes with the potential for fly balls to blow out of the stadium.

I wonder if we will see Trey Vickers this weened?

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Down is good. Although the one homer Liam gave up at McNeese State was almost in the dirt.

Trey Vickers not in the lineup. Dugas (.182), Ritter (0.91) and O'Brien (.176) are batting behind Bohm in the 4 through 6 spots. I don't expect Nebraska to give Alex much to hit especially with the way the wind is blowing today. We'll see.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Meanwhile Troutwine(.294) and Boyer(.263, also last year's RBI-leader) bat 8 and 9, and the regular with the 2nd lowest OBP and 0 walks leads off. Practices must have looked a lot different than games the last few years.

Sometimes I really struggle.

Go Shox.
                Last edited by Cdizzle; March 2, 2018, 03:29 PM.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll give HCTB the benefit of the doubt for now due to very small sample size to work with and he sees these guys in practice and I don't.

0-0 Mid 2nd. Heuer battling.

Comment

Dugas now 9/23. Strikeouts.

Comment

Scoreless afer 3. Nebraska has threatened in every inning but failed to score. The Shocks only runner was Mason O'Brien with a 2-out single in the 2nd.

Comment

Codi has his 1st clean inning in the 4th. Jenista, Bohm and Dugas due up for the Shocks.

Comment

Alavarado's been brilliant so far this season, kudos to Codi for matching him so far through 4. Hopefully the offense can get something going here.

Comment

An error, single by Dugas and a walk to Ritter load the basies for the Shocks in the bottom of the 4th.

Mason O with grand salami. Atta Boy. That's the way you want to get the opposing pitcher out of a jam.

That was the 1st extra base hit Alvarado has given up this year.

I asssume the wind didn't help Mason's home much since it was to right.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X