• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang in

Originally posted by Shockerman
    Originally posted by ABC
    Billybud, please keep posting.

Obviously Shock Fever doesn't represent WSU fans.

They way you basically ignore him is a great example of how to handle internet douches.
    +1
    +100

Billy, I think you got crosswise with some folks on here by doing some gloating a few years ago when WSU faced your guys and didn't get the job done. Frankly, I wasn't much of a fan of your persona back then, either. But it happens, including with some other posters who are pretty well established around here (like Charlie from Arkansas, for example). And as best I can tell, you've been consistently civil and knowledgeable for some time now (also like Charlie, which is why she's a welcome contributor). So hang in there.

Comment

• I don't think Charlie and billy are good comparisons. I don't recall Charlie ever trolling and flaunting constant, pro-SEC stuff around. They are complete opposites IMO.

To each is their own I guess. The people toting +1's all over the place are definitely not frequent visitors to the board or don't have long-term memories.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I see Florida will be throwing a sophomore and freshman for the first two CWS games. Is a repeat in store for them next year since they are so young in pitching - geesh! I'm jealous.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
          I see Florida will be throwing a sophomore and freshman for the first two CWS games. Is a repeat in store for them next year since they are so young in pitching - geesh! I'm jealous.
          Possibly. Florida is really good. South Carolina might be better. Uncharacteristic CWS pitchers duel tonight. USC up 1-0 in the series.

--'85
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• South Carolina deserved that game with the 3 stellar defensive plays in the bottom of the 9th and 10th innings.

With the bases juiced and nobody out, I was screaming (and simultaneously totally annoying my wife) for the bunt. I would have bunted....and I might have done it twice.

The throw from left in the 10th was gorgeous. Maybe the 2nd best throw in the history of the CWS. :D

Florida kicked it in the 11th when a stolen base attempt turned into a 3 base comedy of errors and a 2-1 lead for the Gamecocks.

Comment

• Throw

Wu, the interesting thing about that throw to home plate in the 10th from the left fielder was that it had to cross over the baseline without hitting the baserunner in the back. And, the catcher was standing 6-8 up the line from home plate when he caught it, too. The replay showed he tagged the runner long before he reached home plate. I wonder if SC planned it that way, or they were just a bit lucky?

Comment

• More than a tad bit lucky on that throw...if the ball is a little late the runner can be by the catcher who has left the plate, or the runner gets hit with the ball, or the catcher might have to move into the basepath to catch the ball and if he is 8 feet up the line and is hit by the runner before he catches the ball, it is obstruction.

In the worse case scenario, the runner has a right to run down the basepath and the catcher gets slammed...

see link for example

Chris Schaeffer went down at the plate in the eighth inning, when Florida State outfielder James Ramsey ran him over. Chris Schaeffer was diagnosed with a co...

Comment

• USC wins it 5-2. Going back to back.

Comment

• The State of Florida has to be the most overrated collegiate baseball state in the union. For how many advantages they have, they get the worst return investment for championships.

Miami could win titles back in its hey-day, but both Florida and Florida State severely underperform. And frankly, I love it!

Congrats to the Gamecocks on back-to-back. Only the 6th or 7th time it's been done in CWS history.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Really!

Most (without a personal issue) would applaud Florida for being in the finals again this decade...I do, and I don't particularly like them since they are the chief rival of my team.

And, I give kudos to the SEC. They had a strong showing. For the third straight CWS championship. In the last ten seasons, the SEC has had seven teams in the finals. A strong baseball showing.

Comment

• One thing those dang Gators have done, and I have to hand it to them, is come close to winning the coveted Triple in the decade...National Championships in football, baseball, and basketball.

They covered football (2006-2008) and basketball (2006 & 2007), got to the finals but missed it in baseball (2005). A powerful three year run for the lizards.

Comment

• Florida just gets it done in athletics. Not just the big sports either...everything.

Kevin O'Sullivan...what a hire. Yes it's easier to recruit to Florida than a lot of places (but then again you also have to compete with a lot of other good in-state programs and everybody else in the vicinity recruiting there too) but he is doing an outstanding job down there. I would not be at all surprised to see them return to the CWS Finals next year. Very good team.

All the SEC programs are pouring money into baseball to keep up with each other. Tennessee just upgraded their coaching situation in a big way, too.

Comment

• The South Carolina pitcher was impressive, going 7 2/3 innings on 3 days rest after pitching another 7 inning game.

USCe allowed 6 runs in their last 50 innings...pitching, pitching, pitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieHog
                              Florida just gets it done in athletics. Not just the big sports either...everything.

Kevin O'Sullivan...what a hire. Yes it's easier to recruit to Florida than a lot of places (but then again you also have to compete with a lot of other good in-state programs and everybody else in the vicinity recruiting there too) but he is doing an outstanding job down there. I would not be at all surprised to see them return to the CWS Finals next year. Very good team.

All the SEC programs are pouring money into baseball to keep up with each other. Tennessee just upgraded their coaching situation in a big way, too.
                              Yeah Charlie...the Gators' men's teams were just awarded the Capital One Cup...

Comment

Working...
                              X