No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How large is WSU's UA agreement? And has anyone from an UA AAU sponsored team signed with WSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
      How large is WSU's UA agreement? And has anyone from an UA AAU sponsored team signed with WSU?
      Our agreement hasn't been made public. I believe all of our recruits for 2018 came from UA (maybe not Chandler) plus R. Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
        How large is WSU's UA agreement? And has anyone from an UA AAU sponsored team signed with WSU?
        The thing that has me a little concerned is if it finds it's way down to the prep schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
          I will be glad when the final nail in this thing has been driven, and WSU hasn't been named.
          Our stars have not been highly recruited guys. FVV, Ron? C'mon. The chances this hits WSU are minuscule.

Comment

• More things leaking out (dunno if true)

Sources: Adidas Was Trying To Steer Nation's #1 Overall Basketball Recruit To Kansas

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              More things leaking out (dunno if true)

Sources: Adidas Was Trying To Steer Nation's #1 Overall Basketball Recruit To Kansas

[FONT="][/FONT]
              Oh please, oh please........
              Last edited by HockeyShock; September 28, 2017, 03:14 PM. Reason: I don't know how I effed the tags, but oh well.

Comment

• I just thought of something. Remember when we were expected to land Isaac Humphries and suddenly UK came swooping down out of nowhere and he signed with them? Any chance Calipari offered him 6 figures to change his mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                  OFF-TOPIC: @WstateU:, if I was going to write a children's book, you would have to be my illustrator.
                  “I’m a man” of few words, but a bazillion images…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    I just thought of something. Remember when we were expected to land Isaac Humphries and suddenly UK came swooping down out of nowhere and he signed with them? Any chance Calipari offered him 6 figures to change his mind?
                    Pretty poor ROI for that one ...

Comment

• The cover of March Issue of SI in 2040-

The savior of college basketball, the god-father of the NCAA Participation Tournament. SI remembers and looks back on the life and career of Tom Crean
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        “I’m a man” of few words, but a bazillion images…

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          More things leaking out (dunno if true)

Greasy palmed ******* cheaters!

Comment

• FBI Investigation Confirms the NCAA Doesn't Run College Basketball

This guy lays a lot of the blame at the feet of the University Presidents. I don't think that is terribly unfair but I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

Some interesting history though on how we got to this point at least from this writer's viewpoint.

Comment

• It's only not allowed to pay players so to avoid violating NCAA amateurism rules. Why don't these guys stay in the AAU circuit and get paid by the shoe companies, agents, and advisors rather than go to college for a year? Wouldn't that solve all these issues? No one forces these guys to go to college.

Comment

• SI.com delves into the legal intricacies of this investigation including what the likely defenses for those charged will be.

The Justice Department and FBI's probe into college basketball's seedy underbelly of bribes and agents working in the shadows could very well upend the entire notion of NCAA amateurism. And that would come after potential convictions that lead to long jail sentences.

Comment

Working...
                                X