No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like 2 Louisville players have already de-committed in the last 30 min.

Comment

• My prediction is that this case may result on one of the longer and more active threads (if not the longest) in ShockerNet history.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        What yearly accounting are you referring to, from a public perspective?

There's certainly the Equity in Athletics database, but that doesn't have anywhere near the resolution necessary to decipher shoe deal numbers from the data.
        This contains pretty much anything you could want to know: http://www.goshockers.com/sports/201...formation.aspx Takes some interpretation and digging but the numbers will all be in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Looks like 2 Louisville players have already de-committed in the last 30 min.
          Are they even eligible? However, I think that for sure tells you the fate of Rick Pitino and the delay in his firing is simply a formality.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Are they even eligible? However, I think that for sure tells you the fate of Rick Pitino and the delay in his firing is simply a formality.
            They probably don't know yet. Both were 5 stars .. so both were likely offered something.

Comment

• Someone brought up our deal with Under Armour. Out of curiosity, I checked the Under Armour website to see what AAU teams they represent. Two of them, Team Thad and Houston Defenders, should sound familiar. I hope we're all above board, but it does make one pause.

Edit: Houston Defender Miller Kopp signed with Northwestern, also an Under Armour school.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/stat...81776372895744

Am I allowed to take pot shots at K-State now?
                So today, we have Auburn, Southern California, Oklahoma State and Arizona as the bad apples. They’re the college basketball programs that have assistant coaches who have been indicted by fede…

Six years ago, Michael Beasley laid out much of how this works. The Maryland kid was one of the most heralded recruits in the country back in 2006. He played one year at Kansas State (yep, nothing strange going on there) and then became the second overall pick in the NBA draft.

But in a lawsuit, Beasley showed how a former agent bankrolled his AAU basketball team so that the coach of that team would push Beasley to that agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                  This contains pretty much anything you could want to know: http://www.goshockers.com/sports/201...formation.aspx Takes some interpretation and digging but the numbers will all be in here.
                  Sorry... guess I'm just not seeing it through the same glasses you are. These shoe deals are announced with press releases giving a lump sum and a term, and we're expected to extrapolate what our deal is somehow from an annual, catch-all line item in an income statement? On a year-to-year basis no less?

Ultimately, it could all be laid bare with a FOIA request, something Sully should have done when he got the "no comment" from ADDB, but he was probably already in talks with WSU about his next job. Not to throw him under the bus or anything; just an observation.

Comment

• The scum of the system is now reaching into the prep schools as well as colleges.
                    Way fewer guidelines and much more gray areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Sorry... guess I'm just not seeing it through the same glasses you are. These shoe deals are announced with press releases giving a lump sum and a term, and we're expected to extrapolate what our deal is somehow from an annual, catch-all, line item in an income statement?
                      Well one, the full deal doesn't take effect, basketball isn't covered yet. Also it's not uncommon that the actual terms are kept hidden. Usually we find out amounts second hand rather than officially. I think you are looking far to hard for something to be worried about.

Comment

• Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post
                        Converse is owned by Nike.
                        LA Gear?
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Sketchers anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                            LA Gear?
                            K Swiss?

Comment

• Pro Wings?

Too old?
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                                Well one, the full deal doesn't take effect, basketball isn't covered yet. Also it's not uncommon that the actual terms are kept hidden. Usually we find out amounts second hand rather than officially. I think you are looking far to hard for something to be worried about.
                                It is a public university; there's nothing to be hidden, nor anything that could be. Public universities hiding things from public view is literally the exact impetus of this thread and national story.

I'm not worried in the slightest. I just want access to the same info that essentially every other fan/alum has of his school's shoe deal. I don't think that is unreasonable, especially in newly current context.

Comment

Working...
                                X