No announcement yet.

KU Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ask me who owns my car and how I got it. I can give you the answer 100% every time." Denver Leaverett

Comment

• found this tidbit on Phognet:

"Word is it’s a nice ride. Mercedes....and not a 2011 base model that’s been in two floods. The bling version. Info from a decent source, not concrete source.

Odd that the staff wouldn’t see it and ask for papers. Hopefully a parents gift for landing a full ride and not needing what was saved for college (not a rare thing for full rides from middle class families)"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Either he has proof of title or he doesn't. Not that complicated. Clearly KU is scrubbing the files during this "investigative period".
        It's easier than that. It's obvious he does not have title to the car or there would be no reason to investigate. Now they just have to create the paperwork that shows he made "fair market value" rental payments for the time it can be proven (beyond the shadow of a doubt) that he was using the car.

One more thing, they might need to document that "any student" at KU had the same opportunity to rent the car for the same price Preston was "paying".
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Hopefully a parents gift for landing a full ride and not needing what was saved for college (not a rare thing for full rides from middle class families)"
          lol!

What?

Yep... common situation for middle class families... I mean not really... ever.

I don’t necessarily mean it is unreasonable that a middle class family would forward on the college savings kitty to the child should they secure a full-ride. Just not likely a married couple - after putting away hard-earned money for a couple of decades for a college fund - would allow those funds to be blown by the kid on a new luxury car. Wedding, house down payment, kids own retirement fund? Sure. A Benz that would lose 50% of its value and get beat to hell while sitting in a dorm parking lot for four or five years? Nope.

Throw in an urban minority family, who if they were in a position to save such funds would likely be even more protective of superfluous spending of such, and you end up with the snowball’s chance in hell levels of probability.

Of course it is all a perfectly reasonable theory to KUfan, because KUfan.
          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; November 15, 2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Listening to Erik Stevenson’s LOI signing ceremony speech and the quality of his character versus what you are all hearing about this KU frosh just makes me thankful for what we have as a culture. I’d take Marshall’s way everyday over Self’s way. At the end of the day the culture at WSU is helping these men become amazing men. Self’s way seems to generate a lot of little boys in athletic grown men bodies.

Comment

• Self puts a lot of guys in the NBA but it sure does seem like he gets less out of so many of his 5 star players

Comment

• There is ALWAYS criminal news coming out of KU. Not so much us or K-St.

Comment

• Thought this was interesting. Unlike most here, I personally like BS. Here comes the 'tar and feathers'. :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try as I might, I just can't get past the "There's nothing in it for us..." sentiment.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  There is ALWAYS criminal news coming out of KU. Not so much us or K-St.
                  Nothing about this incident is criminal at the moment.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

pinstripers was referring to "several" incidents... As in a pattern. No?

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Give it time.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Must be really obvious cheating of large proportions for it take this long for KU to fake a cover-up the NCAA is willing to sign off on.

Comment

• Copied and pasted from the Jayhawk chat board

"From Dec last season to now the movement of bigs on the roster

Maxwell leaves
                          Lucas graduates
                          Colby transfers
                          Bragg transfers
                          Jack Whitman joins the team and leaves
                          Lawson transfers in sits out a year
                          Sosinski added from the football team
                          Preston misses curfew, late to practice, has potential improper benefits issue and sits out first semester. Still sitting out.
                          De Sousa graduates high school early to join the team, awaits NCAA decision

So basically KU was involved with 4 transfers, 2 eligibility issues and a football player. Only Doke(injured all last year), Lightfoot and Lucas were normal situations. That's just one year. I've never seen anything like it. Throw in Diallo, Alexander and the others over the past several years and the big man roster management really is a joke. This is odd for any P5 program let alone a blue blood."

Comment

• Asked a friend of mine that is a hawk fan if he expected to see Billy Preston play this year. His response "If its taken this long to figure out that he was driving a car registered to someone else and he hasn't played yet. No" He also mentioned that this is all tied to a booster that is known to "help" the program. He said its the same guy the good Dr keeps referring to who's name rhymes with Compton.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Asked a friend of mine that is a hawk fan if he expected to see Billy Preston play this year. His response "If its taken this long to figure out that he was driving a car registered to someone else and he hasn't played yet. No" He also mentioned that this is all tied to a booster that is known to "help" the program. He said its the same guy the good Dr keeps referring to who's name rhymes with Compton.
                              Kinda ironic - Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

"Lawrence developer ____ _______ feeds one of his two..."

Last edited by WstateU; January 10, 2018, 11:36 AM.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X