Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisville now investigating allegations . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To further clarify my point to wushock27, I think UMKC and Maghee would want to lay as low as possible. Being an employed coach or the school employing him, only keeps both in a very negative limelight, whether or not he's truly guilty. Yes, we all have our opinions, but there is the whole "innocent until . . .".

Comment

• What I have heard here is that he resigned because he now won't have to answer questions from the NCAA, because he no longer works for an NCAA institution. And if he goes to court for anything, he can just plead the fifth....

I'm disgusted by this gutless fool....

Comment

• McGee is nothing but a fall guy. Grad assistants do not have disposable income to buy booze, boobs, poorer, for players, recruits, AAU coaches, or guardians.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Yeah, I think he's guilty. What I was saying is if he indeed received those two choices from UMKC, they must not fear being sued for wrongful termination, so just go ahead and fire him. But after giving it more thought, they might as well try to get him to resign so the chances go to 0%.
          He followed the Roos' head coach from Louisville. Quute likely that coach simply has a soft spot for him and forced him to resign.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            As one of his former players or assistants (I don't remember which interview it was gleaned from) said when asked if he thought Pitino knew what was going on, "It's Rick, Rick ALWAYS knows."
            I believe that the Madame, Katrina Powell, reported that is what Andre McGee said to her when she asked him if Pitino knew.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              McGee is nothing but a fall guy. Grad assistants do not have disposable income to buy booze, boobs, poorer, for players, recruits, AAU coaches, or guardians.
              That is certainly the case normally. However, I believe McGee played one year of pro ball in Germany before joing Louisville. Whether or not he was able to put aside a bit of cash from that gig I can't really say. But even if he did it is hard to believe he would spend his own money on something like this unless he expected some kind of payback. And the only way he could expect a payback would be if some person or persons in a position to reward him was/were aware of what was going on.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 26, 2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• The curious thing is why he continued to do it after he took the UMKC job. I agree with you @1972Shocker: he was receiving or expecting something in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  The curious thing is why he continued to do it after he took the UMKC job. I agree with you @1972Shocker he was receiving or expecting something in return.
                  I think that's one of the most damning points for someone else being involved other than McGee.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• You don't have to even take a glance at the NCAA Guidelines tome to know that providing hookers for recruits is a violation. What very low level assistant is going to jeopardize his bosses career by doing that on his own without the big guys knowledge? What very low level assistant coach is going to refuse to break the rules when the big guy instructs him to break them?
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Even in the face of newer and newer facts pointing to the obvious and simple explanation that McGee was a grad student that liked to party with strippers and the players, and was trying to act big time and make a name for himself as a guy that can help land recruits, we continue to look for an unlikely conspiracy theory.

I'd bet @DUShock: that we have mutual acquaintances that definitely spent as much as McGee when they were grad students on booze, pot, and/or their chicks during our WSU years. We were both frat guys at around the same time at WSU. We're talking $35 per week here. I know MANY students that barely had jobs that easily spent that on a weekend, every weekend. And that was 20 to 25 years ago.

If there are multiple people involved, wouldn't UMKC's head coach be the most likely candidate?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If this entire thing is McGee and McGee alone, it proves the Mark Twain adage correct; "It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction, fiction has to make sense."

@Kung Wu: brings up a salient point regarding UMKC, is there a Louisville connection/lineage/bloodline?

Comment

• Is there something specific that makes you think Pitino is clean and free from wrongdoing in this situation? I have nothing that says for sure that he is involved specifically in this case, but based on his history, I'd be more surprised if he is clean than if he isn't. And as has been stated many times, if he didn't know, he should've.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I see a pretty simple method for figuring out what happened, and it doesn't have McGee as the sole guy involved.

Let's say you are a young assistant who gets his first big break by getting hired by Rick Pitino. You are on a path toward a HC job, but you're going to have to pay dues for maybe 15 years for that to happen. During those 15 years, you have to keep your nose clean. Even a hint of something not quite right and you are no longer on a trajectory to getting better and better jobs.

Are you going to jeopardize Pitino's career, bring sanctions on the school you're working for, and sabotage your own career by spending your own money? I guess it's possible for someone to be that stupid and that self-destructive, but I don't think that duck flies.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                            X