Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisville now investigating allegations . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
    As a side note..McGee was living with the players in the dorm when this started, and according to all reports here, he was never involved in recruiting, which leads me to believe some others were involved.
    Uuuuugh. This tells the story. He's 20-something. Lives with the players. Likes to party his ass off. Wants to be the guy who got a recruit to commit to make a name for himself. I'd be pretty pissed at McGee if I were Pitino. And I'd be pissed at myself for not managing McGee properly. I'm convinced now more than ever that he was simply partying with players and recruits after hours and trying to be "big time".
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

As much of a sleazeball I think Pitino is, I don't think he was involved or knew, which makes me ill.....

Comment

As one of his former players or assistants (I don't remember which interview it was gleaned from) said when asked if he thought Pitino knew what was going on, "It's Rick, Rick ALWAYS knows."
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          As one of his former players or assistants (I don't remember which interview it was gleaned from) said when asked if he thought Pitino knew what was going on, "It's Rick, Rick ALWAYS knows."
          That was McGee who said that...

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
            That was McGee who said that...
            I couldn't remember who said it, but I for one, believe it. I don't believe much McGee (or anyone else associated with Tricky Ricky) says, but in this case, I do. It was a college dorm where student athletes lived. Rick knew. He may have turned a blind eye, but he knew.

Comment

Who told him?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Any number of people. If I understand correctly, it was a dorm where basketball players as well as other students lived. If he didn't know, it was ignorance by choice and not by chance.

Comment

Plausible deniability. Isn't that the standard any more? Unfortunately for Pitino, the NCAA thinks it's his responsibility to know.

Instead of just not knowing that something did happen, Pitino is responsible to know that something didn't happen. A head coach is supposed to be held accountable for the actions of those working for him. Too many times head cocaches were walking away unscathed because they were able to destroy the career of an assistant who was merely following orders.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

McGee has resigned at UMKC

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                      McGee has resigned at UMKC
                      Shocking...

Comment

• All that says to me is he's guilty...why resign if it's not true??

Comment

• He probably is guilty, even if he was doing what he was told. Rather than go through the career suicide that awaits, why not resign? He's probably going to make more money for going away and shutting up from the Louisville/Pitino Estate than UMKC could afford to pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                            All that says to me is he's guilty...why resign if it's not true??
                            The only thing that says is that UMKC told him he has two choices: Resign or be fired.

They should have fired him.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              The only thing that says is that UMKC told him he has two choices: Resign or be fired.

They should have fired him.
                              So, you're saying he's guilty. Why else "should" the university have fired him if he was completely innocent?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                                So, you're saying he's guilty. Why else "should" the university have fired him if he was completely innocent?
                                Yeah, I think he's guilty. What I was saying is if he indeed received those two choices from UMKC, they must not fear being sued for wrongful termination, so just go ahead and fire him. But after giving it more thought, they might as well try to get him to resign so the chances go to 0%.

Comment

Working...
                                X