Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Louisville now investigating allegations . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    How old was McGee at the time?
    He was 27 when he left Louisville to join the staff at UMKC. So he would have been 24 when he started at Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      I'm certain we are not getting the whole story.
      No, we're getting the whore's story...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        He was 27 when he left Louisville to join the staff at UMKC. So he would have been 24 when he started at Louisville.
        Thanks!

That actually sheds a ton of light on the situation for me.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

It appears to me that Pitino is throwing McGee completely under the bus- and possibly rightfully so. McGee may hold a few grenades to throw back at Pitino. I'm sure this is far from over.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
            It appears to me that Pitino is throwing McGee completely under the bus- and possibly rightfully so. McGee may hold a few grenades to throw back at Pitino. I'm sure this is far from over.
            I don't suspect Pitino would be this aggressive if he was involved or not trying to run the program clean.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
              McGee was a graduate assistant right? In the recently released contract for Marshall, I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I believe it had a provision that included $30,000 for a similar position. I'm sure McGee was in no position to fund these parties on his own dime. He either is innocent or was getting funding from another person in the program. Perhaps he was getting funding from an outside person (booster), but it's incredibly hard for me to believe McGee would be the only guy in the program with knowledge of the parties. Even if he was, it's still a gross violation.
              McGee was making $105,000 in his last season there with the position of Director of Basketball Operations.... he COULD have funded it, but I highly doubt he did

Comment

The info is coming in fast and furious here in Louisville...it's nuts. I'm just laughing at the delusion of most of the Louisville fans, and the Kentucky fans who are pouncing on this opportunity....

Comment

That's UK --- kick 'em while they're down.

Comment

My understanding is that McGee called the hookers to service a Louisville recruit and his handler in town for an AAU tourney in mid July, after he was hired and working at UMKC. I believe there's also a money trail they've uncovered.

McGee would have had zero reason to do this, unless he was asked by someone. It was also during a dead period.

McGee is done. He'll never be a coach. The question becomes, I think, is he in trouble with the law? If he is, look out. If he isn't, he probably takes the fall, IF and that's a big IF he can cover his trail.

It takes a stretch of monumental proportions to believe Slick Rick and his staff didn't know. There's no way Louisville doesn't get hit. Pitino? Who knows, but it won't surprise me if it doesn't stick to him.

Comment

People are worried about McGee spilling the beans on EVERYTHING if he can get a deal to lessen any court issues by squealing about what he knows....It could get a lot worse there real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                        People are worried about McGee spilling the beans on EVERYTHING if he can get a deal to lessen any court issues by squealing about what he knows....It could get a lot worse there real quick.
                        Nah. Hush money is coming.

Comment

Friends of Pitino.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Friends of Pitino.
                            I think the 501c3 would market better with "Save Pitino"
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
                              I keep thinking something very similar to this happened at Colorado with the football team. Did I dream that up? I haven't heard it mentioned anywhere as an example to this story, but I remember the coach getting canned and then hired at Washington(?).
                              Yep, that happened, but it was under Gary Barnett, not Rick Neuheisel (the guy that went to Washington)

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                I think the 501c3 would market better with "Save Pitino"
                                It is a perfect use for a 501c3, at least in the context of what they have become.

Comment

Working...
                                X