Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

I am not ashamed to admit that I love the complete failure of Crouton right now. The team that many casual fans around the country and lots of media folks saw as the signature program in the Valley, the institution that our league supposedly couldn't live without, is a big fat pile of steaming dog crap appropriately residing in the rear in the Big Priest Conference.

Losers of 8 in a row and 9 of their last 10, they could very well win only one or two more games the rest of the year.

Crouton stinks and while it's not all that surprising considering McDermott's history post UNI and pre-Doug, I am somewhat surprised that all the media hacks out in internet-land that have been man-crushing on Dougie McBuckets and his doofus dad for the past 4 years, have nothing to say about this dumpster fire of a basketball team whose only redeeming quality is keeping a bunch of Husker-loving hobos warm during the long Omaha winter.

Maybe it's because espn and all the other wannabes college basketball experts are focused on and enamored solely with star power - that is style over substance - that they are no longer interested in the Jays. But you would think the utter collapse of a team anointed with a perch among the higher rungs of college basketball for the past few seasons, would at least generate some attention... somewhere. (Maybe among the 300+ articles I've seen about Kentucky's platoon system, Coach K's 1-millionth college victory, and Jahlil Okafor I happened to miss it. Apologies if this is so.)

Yes, it's true. I wish for the basketball world to notice how bad Crouton is and to ridicule them. Because the Valley's elite program is and always has been Wichita State, not Creighton.

And for anyone out there thinking McDoormat is ready to come storming back next year with a deep run in the tourney, think again. First, I believe he is out of sons. And second, there are no reversing-the-direction-of-the-program recruits signing with or transferring to the Jays. Not now and not in the near future. Just take a gander at verbalcommits.com and you'll see the prospects are no better than they have been in the past.

So if someone out there thinks I'm a jerk because I gleefully revel in the misery that is Creighton basketball, so be it. But know this: I've put up with those sweater-vested buttholes for 3+ decades going back to the days of Kevin McKenna and I am absolutely going to enjoy this as much as I can.
    Last edited by Art Bunch; January 22, 2015, 06:09 PM.

Ranting is good for the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Bunch View Post
      I am not ashamed to admit that I love the complete failure of Crouton right now. The team that many casual fans around the country and lots of media folks saw as the signature program in the Valley, the program that our league supposedly couldn't live without, is a big fat pile of steaming dog crap appropriately residing in the rear in the Big Priest Conference.
      Losers of 8 in a row and 9 of their last 10, they could very well win only one or two more games the rest of the year
      Crouton stinks and while it's not all that surprising considering McDermott's record at Iowa St, I am somewhat surprised that all the media hacks out there that have been man-crushing on Dougie McBuckets and his doofus dad for the past 4 years, have nothing to say about this dumpster fire of a basketball team keeping a bunch of Husker-loving hobos warm during the long Omaha winter. &
      Maybe it's because espn and all the other wannabes college basketball experts are focused and enamored solely on star power - on style over substance - that they are no longer interested in the Jays. But you would think the utter collapse of a team anointed with a perch among the higher rungs of college basketball for the past few seasons, would at least generate some attention... somewhere. (Maybe among the 300+ articles I've seen about Kentucky's platoon system, Coach K's 1-millionth college victory, and Jahlil Okafor I happened to miss it. Apologies if this is so.)
      Yes, it's true. I wish for the basketball world to notice how bad Crouton is and to ridicule them. Because the Valley's elite program is Wichita State, not Creighton. Always has been.
      And for anyone out there thinking McDoormat is ready to come storming back next year with a deep run in the tourney, think again. First, I believe he is out of sons. And second, there are no reversing-the-direction-of-the-program recruits signing with or transferring to the Jays. Not now and not in the near future. Just take a gander at verbalcommits.com and you'll see the prospects are pretty sketchy.
      So if someone out there thinks I'm a jerk because I gleefully revel in the misery that is Creighton basketball, so be it. But know this: I've put up with those sweater-vested buttholes for 3+ decades going back to the days of Kevin McKenna and I am absolutely going to enjoy this as much as I can.
      I have Husker relatives, and they hate Creighton, too! and YET, Creighton beat the Huskers...in Lincoln....

Comment

I can't agree with this sentiment. The perceived top one or two team in the MVC goes to the Big east and promptly goes to last place. While music goes to number 1 "with a bullet" Creighton has apparently gone to last place "with a bullet".

That doesn't do much to enhance the reputation of the Valley. It creates the impression that the Valley is actually worse than the league WSU played in last year, when the Shox were accused of not having played anyone.

To those of us who knew Creighton's situation because of their membership in the MVC, we could see that once McDermott, Wragge, and Gibbs were gone, that the tank was empty. On the national stage, it just creates the impression that the MVC is probably on a similar level to some of the leagues that WSU picks for guarantee no return games.

Actually, if you look at the league minus WSU and UNI, the rest of the league is about at that level. We just don't need Creighton absolutely tanking to cement that image in the eye of the public.

They screwed over the image of the league badly enough by consistently getting the auto-bid and never doing anything with it. They have continued to trash the league by their less than dismal performance this year. There is just no limit to the ability of CU to make the Valley look bad.

Creighton has done something utterly impossible and inconceivable. They have made Doug Elgin look like a genius at conference realignment.
        Last edited by Aargh; January 22, 2015, 06:23 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well I guess this belongs here more than the other thread:

Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I can't agree with this sentiment. The perceived top one or two team in the MVC goes to the Big east and promptly goes to last place.
            Idiots might have that perception, but the Creighton team that was being successful in the Valley promptly went 14-4 in the Big East last year and finished second. That number, by the way, tied Creighton's best in-conference performance since 2002-03 in the Valley.

The kind of people that were just going to wait around for Creighton to have a bad year to devalue the Valley are the kind of people we can never win with regardless. The Creighton that participated in the Valley already proved the worth of the Valley by competing at a high level in the Big East. The rest ... maybe I'd agree with you if it wasn't for McDermott. McDermott was so monumentally important to Creighton on a national level that I don't think anyone of any competence expected Creighton to do anything but plummet this year. Nobody talked about Creighton as a program last year ... they talked about Creighton as the place that McDermott played at.

If the Creighton team performing at a high level in the Valley, with McDermott, turned around and went .500 in the Big East last year, with McDermott's numbers plummeting "against real defenses" as the argument would have gone, that would have been a huge blow to the credibility of the Valley. That isn't close to what happened, though. Instead, they did exactly the same in the Big East that they did in the Valley. The credibility of the Valley vis a vis the Big East was proven then, and how Creighton does from this season forward is on them, and has no bearing on us.
            Last edited by Rlh04d; January 22, 2015, 06:50 PM.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I love seeing said team suck.

Seeing a thread devoted to it need not happen in such a sacred house of worship.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I was reminded of an old TV show "8 is enough". Nope it's not. I'd like to see them go Owen for the whole conference season.

Comment

Wow. I didn't realize they were doing so poorly.

It's a bit ironic. Creighton hurt the Valley when they were a member due to their lack of tournament success, and now they hurt the Valley's reputation as a non-member due to their lack of success in their new conference.

They have been and shall forever be...... disappointing. You'd think Omaha would find a better team in which to hitch up their blue striped overalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    Idiots might have that perception, but the Creighton team that was being successful in the Valley promptly went 14-4 in the Big East last year and finished second. That number, by the way, tied Creighton's best in-conference performance since 2002-03 in the Valley.

The kind of people that were just going to wait around for Creighton to have a bad year to devalue the Valley are the kind of people we can never win with regardless. The Creighton that participated in the Valley already proved the worth of the Valley by competing at a high level in the Big East. The rest ... maybe I'd agree with you if it wasn't for McDermott. McDermott was so monumentally important to Creighton on a national level that I don't think anyone of any competence expected Creighton to do anything but plummet this year. Nobody talked about Creighton as a program last year ... they talked about Creighton as the place that McDermott played at.

If the Creighton team performing at a high level in the Valley, with McDermott, turned around and went .500 in the Big East last year, with McDermott's numbers plummeting "against real defenses" as the argument would have gone, that would have been a huge blow to the credibility of the Valley. That isn't close to what happened, though. Instead, they did exactly the same in the Big East that they did in the Valley. The credibility of the Valley vis a vis the Big East was proven then, and how Creighton does from this season forward is on them, and has no bearing on us.
                    This

Comment

Depaul is 4-2.

Let us not overestimate how "good" the Big East is.

Comment

I can only smile knowing that the Crutons suck. I bet their fans don't wear white robes to tournament games anymore. They probably wear sackcloth.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          I love seeing said team suck.

Seeing a thread devoted to it need not happen in such a sacred house of worship.
                          Plenty of sermons about the devil in church

Comment

Bad karma. Don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                              I can only smile knowing that the Crutons suck. I bet their fans don't wear white robes to tournament games anymore. They probably wear sackcloth.
                              cu fans don't attend tournaments any more...

Comment

Working...
                              X