Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Depaul is 4-2.

Let us not overestimate how "good" the Big East is.
    No. They are 5-2 and in first place.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      No. They are 5-2 and in first place.

And I thought the B12 was overrated.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Give me Sugar Ray Leonard any day of the week against a fat, out of shape fighter in the Heavyweight division.

Comment

Looks like James Bunch's son has gone off the deep end. Gee, I don't like Creighton either, but isn't that a little bit obsessive in your hatred, Art?

Besides, I thought Creighton was picked for ninth in the Big East this year anyway, in recognition of what they lost off last year's perfectly respectable (if one-man) team. So they've underperformed by one place in the standings -- big whoop. Quick, bring back Dana Altman! Seriously, the Jayboy bashers can say what they want, but I'm personally much too busy enjoying the Shocks' own season to spend the amount of energy Art expelled in his rant while focusing my evil eye on someone else, regardless of whether it's an Omaha bird or a mythical NE Kansas version.

Comment

A few more "quality" losses and it might be enough to catapult them into the rankings!!
            The Assman

Comment

I don't mind seeing CU suck. In MVC history, WSU has a history of success. But I remember how low WSU was recently. And I could care a little less about someone else's failures, rather I'm enjoying being among the nation's elite basketball programs.
              Phi Alpha

Comment

I can remember playing on Thursday in St Lewis.:)
                Last edited by pogo; January 23, 2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

It's not that they suck. It's the whole leaving the Valley thing and the attitude the league wiill fail miserably without their class and charm. Also, the fact that it took exactly one year for their "fans" to start jumping ship.

I remember when we sucked. I also remember when
                  Creighton sucked before we sucked. Their comes a time when you quit looking back and worrying we will be there again and just enjoy the moment-plenty of room in my heart to love the Shockers in addition to loving what is going on in Omaha right now. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I can remember playing on Thursday in St Lewis.
                    I can remember not even MAKING the first day in STL because they only took the top 8 teams in the league. Ugh.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Crash and burn, bluejays!

The only bad thing is the stench when something that putrid goes into flames.
                      Last edited by Shocker-maniac; January 23, 2015, 12:38 PM.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I remember sitting at a Burger King on the way home from Arch Madness a couple of years ago, and the Bluejays had just played their swansong in the Valley. All their loudmouth fans could talk about is how happy they were to be leaving the MVC, and that Creighton's too good to play in the Valley.

I thought to myself at the time that those CU fans had better enjoy their ONE good season in their new conference because after their stars graduate, then it would be a true free-fall for them. I had no idea it would get this bad this fast, but if you look at the Big Priest, then you realize how tough it will be for CU to claw their way out of the cellar. I personally don't see it happening, and hope those CU fans (that were too good for the Valley) enjoy all the sub .500 seasons that are coming their way.

It won't take long before those attendance numbers at the Qwest will take a nosedive and it becomes the Quiet. Good riddance Bluejays and here's to Loyola and the Ramblers upward trend....YES! :)
                        KEEP IT ROCKIN' VALLEY!!!!

Comment

Wait, you found Creighton fans at a Burger King?

They are too good for that place. Must've been some of those Husker fan impersonators that make up 95% of the fanbase.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I can't agree with this sentiment. The perceived top one or two team in the MVC goes to the Big east and promptly goes to last place. While music goes to number 1 "with a bullet" Creighton has apparently gone to last place "with a bullet".

That doesn't do much to enhance the reputation of the Valley. It creates the impression that the Valley is actually worse than the league WSU played in last year, when the Shox were accused of not having played anyone.

To those of us who knew Creighton's situation because of their membership in the MVC, we could see that once McDermott, Wragge, and Gibbs were gone, that the tank was empty. On the national stage, it just creates the impression that the MVC is probably on a similar level to some of the leagues that WSU picks for guarantee no return games.

Actually, if you look at the league minus WSU and UNI, the rest of the league is about at that level. We just don't need Creighton absolutely tanking to cement that image in the eye of the public.

They screwed over the image of the league badly enough by consistently getting the auto-bid and never doing anything with it. They have continued to trash the league by their less than dismal performance this year. There is just no limit to the ability of CU to make the Valley look bad.

Creighton has done something utterly impossible and inconceivable. They have made Doug Elgin look like a genius at conference realignment.
                            Just pointing out that if someone actually used the argument of "Creighton in 14-15 is damning evidence of how bad the MVC is." My instant counter would be that but 13-14 was their first year in the BE and they were 2nd place in the conference. And the team they had in 12-13 was better than 13-14, which was in the MVC. I just don't buy it.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I enjoy reading that they were too good for the Valley. Their performance SCREAMS otherwise.

They won the conference in their final year by 1 game, and they lost 5 conference games to lowly Valley competition. (We peed down our leg at home against EVille or we share this)

In 11-12, they finished 2nd, 2 games behind us.

In 10-11, they finished 4th at 10-8. 5 games out of 1st and 4 games behind us.

In 09-10, they finished 4th at 10-8. Again, 5 games out of 1st and 2 games behind us.

They did win the league in 08-09.

So, in the 5 years preceding their move to the Big East, their average regular season finish in the conference that they were just too good for, was 2.4. This is the exact same as ours over the same time frame. Although, in the last four years, they only finished ahead of us once.

Their notion of rotating out the "MVC level recruits" makes me laugh. It just goes to show that they were geared up EVERY YEAR to just win the MVC Tourney. Their performance in the NCAAs shows that they sure as Hell weren't planning on doing anything on a national stage. I think they are beginning to realize that this doesn't change overnight in a new conference.

Comment

I was about to post that it won't be long till some blue jays find this thread and start showing up. Then I realized that you would be nuts to come along and defend youself when your team is THIS bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X