Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys quit with the hissy fight already and start insulting Creighton again?

Or use the mom card. One or the other.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Your momma' so drunk she went to the Creighton game to sober up?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        I suck on your wife's funbags and she prefers it.
        My wife is dead.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Gorilla View Post
          Your momma' so drunk she went to the Creighton game to sober up?
          Going to a Creighton game can be a sobering experience.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Compliment paid to WSU by Greg McDermott on Wednesday's postgame radio interview -- paraphrasing but pretty close. "If I'd have told you 5 years ago that we'd be in the Big East, undefeated and ranked #9 with the undefeated #1 team who is the defending national champion coming into our building on New Year's Eve Day in front of 18,000 on national TV, you never would've believed me. It's pretty cool. Is it cooler than playing Wichita State on Senior Day with a conference championship on the line? I don't know."

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
              Compliment paid to WSU by Greg McDermott on Wednesday's postgame radio interview -- paraphrasing but pretty close. "If I'd have told you 5 years ago that we'd be in the Big East, undefeated and ranked #9 with the undefeated #1 team who is the defending national champion coming into our building on New Year's Eve Day in front of 18,000 on national TV, you never would've believed me. It's pretty cool. Is it cooler than playing Wichita State on Senior Day with a conference championship on the line? I don't know."
              JayPak is trolling. No way McDermott said that.

Comment

• Enjoy the anomaly

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  Probably so. However, it did make me think that McDermott would never even be in that position had they not gotten into the BE. Sure like to see what Marshall could do in the AAC. McD was able to make waves in the Valley, thanks a lot to Little Wookie, but not able to do it nationally. Marshall has done things nationally, in the Valley, at WSU that McD can still only dream about so far. I am so looking forward to sticking to the Jaybirds on a national stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    McDermott said it. I don't know why JayPak needed to bring it here, though.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• This is why there should have been a game already scheduled. Schedule the series and we can settle this argument literally every year. Then the trolling can be about actual head to head games instead of whatever this is. And yeah we probably would have lost this year. I can take it.

And yes it is a marquee game but it's practically game one of the conference season, not a conference title game or an NCAA tourney game. By comparison, one really is a bigger deal than the other. Fans can do wth his comments what they want, but for him to say that was probably a response to a question and I wouldn't be surprised if he meant exactly what he said.

Comment

• At least Wookie Sr. has his priorities right. His dumbass kid compared a St. Louis trophy to a final four.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          McDermott said it. I don't know why JayPak needed to bring it here, though.
                          Because he wanted to prime the huuuuuuuge matchup as if anyone here would give a ****.

As an anecdote, when WSU played Creighton for that title, it was on ESPN on a Saturday afternoon for everyone to see. The huuuuuuge matchup tomorrow is on an obscure cable network, 15 channels past HGTV, at 11:00am before most people roll out of bed.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            At least Wookie Sr. has his priorities right. His dumbass kid compared a St. Louis trophy to a final four.
                            I forgot about that. That was a classic moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Because he wanted to prime the huuuuuuuge matchup as if anyone here would give a ****.

As an anecdote, when WSU played Creighton for that title, it was on ESPN on a Saturday afternoon for everyone to see. The huuuuuuge matchup tomorrow is on an obscure cable network, 15 channels past HGTV, at 11:00am before most people roll out of bed.
                              All I can say is being ranked around #10 at the mid point of the season is much different than being ranked #10 at the end of the season. I suppose it probably is a huge game for anyone who doesn't act like they've been there before. I remember being ranked #8 in 06-07 and the wheels came off in an unbelievable way. Talking smack on January 1st is for people who literally think getting ranked near the top ten is an end in and of itself and rarely experience it. It seems like I can remember a recent season when CU was a highly respected team entering the Dance and they were immediately dispatched by 30 points against a regular team...Let's focus on getting out of round one of the Dance before we go to the WSU board to start something when we are still in December and there is so much season left to play.

Comment

• I still hate Creighton. So go Nova!

Comment

Working...
                                X