Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    And that is still better than 9/10 of the valley teams.
    And?

Outted.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      And?

Outted.
      Not Outted, just a reflection on the crappiness that is the Missouri Valley Conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
        No worries, Morgan. A huge crowd at the nation's 8th-highest attended arena is assured. As I said earlier, "There WILL be beer." Creighton either obtained an exemption or is simply rebelling against tyrannical NCAA rule by throwing the B̶o̶s̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶T̶e̶a̶ Clink Beer Party, because a direct quote from the assistant AD's email to season ticket holders reads, "The same concessions and beverages available to fans during Creighton’s regular season will be available for purchase Tuesday night. Venue doors will open for fans Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m." Booyah!
        I wonder if they are offering a discount on the cover charge, I mean tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
          And that is still better than 9/10 of the valley teams.
          Not when the Shox are in town.

Comment

• According to the Creighton website , this question was in the Frequently Asked Questions area:
            "Will beer and alcohol be sold?
            Yes - Concessions and beverages available to fans during Creighton's regular season at CenturyLink Center Omaha will be available for purchase during Tuesday night's NIT game."

Curious.
            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• NCAA is allowing beer sales for the CWS no reason to think they wouldn't for an NIT game. The venues share a parking lot.

Comment

• It's not curious. I said it jokingly earlier that beer is in the drinking fountains. The fact of the matter is this, the NCAA is taking a different approach to alcohol sales. They have approved beer sales for the CWS and WCWS. The NIT, run by the NCAA, is now also allowing liquor sales. This is a "test" by the NCAA, but is actually just a precursor of things to come.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  It's not curious. I said it jokingly earlier that beer is in the drinking fountains. The fact of the matter is this, the NCAA is taking a different approach to alcohol sales. They have approved beer sales for the CWS and WCWS. The NIT, run by the NCAA, is now also allowing liquor sales. This is a "test" by the NCAA, but is actually just a precursor of things to come.
                  Omaha is a perfect test market for all of this.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Omaha is a perfect test market for all of this.
                    I know! But the reality of the situation is this, the NCAA is missing out on money, big money. They have been looking at alcohol sales and realized that people aren't getting hammered on $8-$10 beer. What is happening is people sneak flasks in to events that don't sell alcohol. Either way, people are drinking at the events, very few people get plowed, and the only difference is the NCAA just loses out on potential sales when they refuse to sell it. The vast majority of alcohol related incidents occur during football games, not basketball or baseball, and even those problems are very rare. So, the NCAA is doing the slow move to allowing alcohol sales.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I know! But the reality of the situation is this, the NCAA is missing out on money, big money. They have been looking at alcohol sales and realized that people aren't getting hammered on $8-$10 beer. What is happening is people sneak flasks in to events that don't sell alcohol. Either way, people are drinking at the events, very few people get plowed, and the only difference is the NCAA just loses out on potential sales when they refuse to sell it. The vast majority of alcohol related incidents occur during football games, not basketball or baseball, and even those problems are very rare. So, the NCAA is doing the slow move to allowing alcohol sales.
                      And even at football games, I would assume that the majority of alcohol related incidents are as much or more a result of the pre-game tailgaters than of the actual alcohol sold at the venue.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Slow move as in North Carolina Academic fraud slow or just the usual slow?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          Slow move as in North Carolina Academic fraud slow or just the usual slow?
                          Over/Under on how much that "investigation" speeds up after the Heels are out of the NCAA tournament?
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                            Is there a reason people keep this thread up? Who cares about Creighton
                            We have a game to play
                            I always thought that this is the reason that this thread is kept up. To remind us of how much we don't care about Creighton.....
                            "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                LOL. The beer couldn't even get em out for the Not Invited Tournament?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X