Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Drew has turned down Kentucky.

Syracuse has hired the Mount St. Mary's HC to be an assistant, opening up a new job.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Browsing the Kentucky fan board, I could copy and paste text comments from their board, remove the names and mentions of Pope, BYU, etc etc etc., and it almost reads like something I've read on shockernet.

Maybe ai chat bot is writing all the jargon for fan boards across this country.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
            Browsing the Kentucky fan board, I could copy and paste text comments from their board, remove the names and mentions of Pope, BYU, etc etc etc., and it almost reads like something I've read on shockernet.

Maybe ai chat bot is writing all the jargon for fan boards across this country.
            The more hardcore types that frequent message boards of any school are not only going to be more passionate, but also often more bitchy and unsatisfied. Based on various video clips I've seen, it is clear that for many people, the success and failure of their favorite sportsball team is the very center of their emotional well-being. I often wonder if those who ***** the most have ever actually coached a team to get an understanding of how hard it can be to correct what appear to be obvious flaws. I also think when certain things don't go well some forget an important factor - the other team is trying to win too.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thought they could have done better…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Thought they could have done better…

And Bobby Hurley reportedly turned down, what, about $100 million give or take.

Crazy crazy times.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                  Crazy crazy times.
                  You can say that again…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You can say that again…

You have a BYU banner flying in the background, Coach.

Have some class.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You have a BYU banner flying in the background, Coach.

Have some class.
                      That's not a good look. I think I'd be pretty pissed if I were BYU.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's not a good look. I think I'd be pretty pissed if I were BYU.
                        It's disrespectful to a school key to launching his career. Very odd decision by him.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

He needed to start with thanking BYU, blah-blah-blah, and then utter "with that being said"!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Chicago State HC leaves for what I assume is a pay raise to be the AHC at LIU.

I've seen reported that the LIU AHC job would pay between 250K and 260K. Pretty impressive for that conference if true.

I'm assuming CSU paid horribly just because it's CSU.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Chicago State HC leaves for what I assume is a pay raise to be the AHC at LIU.

I've seen reported that the LIU AHC job would pay between 250K and 260K. Pretty impressive for that conference if true.

I'm assuming CSU paid horribly just because it's CSU.
                              It's the only DI school that is an "independent".

Comment

Here's a question. Do you think if Kentucky had reached out to Gregg Marshall, he would have taken it? Or is he done.

Because I would think, based on resume and ability, Gregg Marshall would have been a much better option than Pope. And if Kentucky didn't even make contact, that kind of tells you how cooked Marshall is in the coaching landscape. Because if any school has the firepower to do a PR rehabilitation on a coach, it's Kentucky.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X