No announcement yet.

2024 Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Pat Kelsey trying to be the next Barry with his press conference (talking about his wife)

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Chris Mack returns to coaching as he takes over for Pat Kelsey at CoC.

Currently 16 open jobs out of 55 that have opened this year.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Comment

Ben McCollum to Drake. Won 4 DII Titles in the last 8 years. Will be interesting to see how it translates.

Comment

I don't know if it was at Cuonzo Martin's introduction ceremony, but MSU put the score up from when they beat us in 2011. I know Martin was the coach then, but that's really having to dig into the archives to find a big win for the program. I guess we should be honored?

Comment

It's been the highlight of their program this century and under Martin. So it makes sense.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

And the funny thing about that is they still didn't make the NCAA's (lost to InSU in STL) and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT, which WSU won.

After that season, MSU took a dive, having played only one post season game since (NIT loss in 2022) and the Shocks danced for the next seven seasons, followed by an NIT final four, and another NCAA appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    I don't know if it was at Cuonzo Martin's introduction ceremony, but MSU put the score up from when they beat us in 2011. I know Martin was the coach then, but that's really having to dig into the archives to find a big win for the program. I guess we should be honored?

Rent Free !! That's their biggest win with Coach Martin - LOL !!

Comment

I LOL’ed when I saw what the fine folks in Springpatch did. Rent free indeed.

That said, I like Cuonzo and think he’ll put together a competitive crew. That’s an inexpensive H/H that I wouldn’t absolutely hate.
                      78-65

Comment

Oklahoma State has hired Steve Lutz
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Also, it appears that there have been four coaches move up from D2 to D1 during all of this.

John Shulman from Alabama Huntsville to Central Arkansas
                          Craig Doty from Emporia State to Houston Christian
                          Paul Corsaro from Indianapolis to IUPUI
                          Ben McCollum from Northwest Missouri State to Drake

Looks like only one from the JUCO ranks

Jeremy Shulman from Eastern Florida State to UT Martin
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If there was a transfer portal for coaches, Musselman would enter it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              If there was a transfer portal for coaches, Musselman would enter it every year.

"The Razorbacks suffered two of their worst losses in school history this year, including setting a building record inside Bud Walton Arena for margin of defeat. Musselman was left speechless multiple times after games and spurious allegations about his players boiled any limited chemistry the roster may have otherwise built."

Reports: Eric Musselman to leave Arkansas, will become USC's next basketball coach (msn.com)
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Musselman to USC confirmed

Comment

Working...
                                X