Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I would assume that this might get the ball rolling at a few other schools who may have had Terry on their short list should Texas go a different route. I believe there are still 20 other open jobs at the moment. Most notably:

Cal
      Penn State
      South Florida
      Temple
      Texas Tech

Most seem to believe that McCasland will be named the Tech HC once North Texas' season comes to an end. I haven't heard anything much about the other jobs.

USF apparently interviewed Brey but didn't offer him the job.
      I've seen some online push for Temple to go after I believe the Colgate coach. Haven't seen much in the way of actual rumors though.
      At one point I thought I saw someone linking Pasternack to the Cal job, but figure if that were the case it would have happened by now.
      I know nothing of the PSU job.

I did see somewhere that it's expected that High Point will hire a Creighton assistant coach.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I have read that the FAU Coach could possibly go to Penn State. He evidently knows the AD and has Big 10 background. He could also stay at FAU since the whole team has eligibility left except for the guy that made the last four free throws against K State.

update: I’m glad to see that I was wrong about the FAU coach. Looks like he will probably stay at least another year. Good for the conference.
        Last edited by WeWillShockU2; March 29, 2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

18 open jobs remain as of this morning.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

So it appears very likely VCU's Rhoades goes to Penn St. Then Utah State's Ryan Odom makes what I think is, at beat, a lateral move to VCU, spurning USF in the process.

Comment

Outside of location, both Utah State and VCU are better programs than USF. Though I still think USF has a lot of potential with the right hire.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

South Florida is likely to hire Kennesaw State head coach Amir Abdur-Rahim, source told
                @Stadium
                . Two sides in contract discussions now.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  South Florida is likely to hire Kennesaw State head coach Amir Abdur-Rahim, source told
                  @Stadium
                  . Two sides in contract discussions now.
                  I really like Amir. I'm not sure if he's quite ready for that kind of step up, but it's a bold move by the Bulls if true and could pay huge dividends. That's a man that shows a lot of promise.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I really like Amir. I'm not sure if he's quite ready for that kind of step up, but it's a bold move by the Bulls if true and could pay huge dividends. That's a man that shows a lot of promise.
                    Tough to say if it's good long term, but it's certainly a nice risk at a minimum, and frankly hard to think the on the court work will be below what they've had lately.

Comment

Sounds like Utah Valley's Mark Madsen is going to be the next HC at Cal.

According to ESPN, Cal reached out to St. Mary's Randy Bennett who opted to stay with the Gaels.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

According to ESPN, Cal reached out to St. Mary's Randy Bennett who opted to stay with the Gaels.
                        Cal.....where coaches go to die.

On another note: Bennett loves where he's at. He's also rewarded with a 10-year contract that seems to get "extended" every few years and he's already 60 years old.

Comment

I can't believe Madsen would coach at Cal.

Turgeon at KState?

Venables at Kansas?

Different world these days.

Comment

As of 345pm, there are 16 open jobs. The biggest openings appear to be Texas Tech, Temple and Utah State.

It's believed that Tech has their man and it will be announced on Friday after the NIT is completed.

Nobody knows what the hell is going on at Temple.

Utah State has only been open for a couple of hours.

After those three I guess the next best openings would be Buffalo and George Mason.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It looks like Temple has hired Penn St. assistant Adam Fisher.

Comment

14 jobs remain open as of this morning.

Texas Tech, Utah State, Buffalo and George Mason seem to be the best jobs open. Though the Tech job may not really be open.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X