Coaching Carousel 2023 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN - Sources: Georgia Tech finalizing Damon Stoudamire hire

Boston Celtics assistant Damon Stoudamire is finalizing a five-year deal to become Georgia Tech's next head coach, sources said. The school's board of trustees plans to approve the hire Monday.

Stoudamire has informed the Celtics he plans to take the job and make the move back to college. He brings a blend of college and NBA coaching experience along with a strong playing pedigree, a mix Tech officials are hopeful can resuscitate the relevance of a program that has faded in recent years.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein

Source: Temple has parted ways with Aaron McKie.

Comment

Former assistant (1 year) get head coaching gig. K.T. Turner has been hired as the next coach for UT-Arlington. He was on the bench for our Final Four run.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Pitino agreed to a six year deal with St. John's.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Looks like Iona is looking to replace the long time coaching legend in Pitino with a guy who has one year of D1 HC experience.

ESPN - Sources: Iona eyes FDU's Tobin Anderson to replace Pitino

Fairleigh Dickinson's Tobin Anderson, the breakout coaching star of the NCAA tournament, has emerged as the top target to be the next coach at Iona, sources told ESPN.

Anderson would replace Rick Pitino, who left Iona for St. John's on Monday after three seasons. In replacing Pitino, Iona appears poised to strike quickly and land a coach within a short time frame. Pitino left Iona on Monday and is being introduced at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday.

In his first year at FDU, Anderson led the team to what many consider the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history. The 16th-seeded Knights stunned No. 1 Purdue 63-58 for just the second upset of a No. 1 seed in the first round since the men's tournament expanded to 64 teams back in 1985. That propelled a small-school lifer to become a household name in college basketball in the course of a weekend.

In the wake of the upset, FDU and Anderson emerged as the darlings of the NCAA tournament, including a Monday morning appearance on "Today" upon return from the round-of-32 loss to ninth-seeded Florida Atlantic in Columbus.
            Apparently Anderson was a finalist for the job when they hired Pitino.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Dana Altman is pissed that Oregon had 3,300 in attendance in their last home game. He's daring Oregon to make a coaching change if they think it's him.

Wonder what happens if McDermott goes to Notre Dame?
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                Dana Altman is pissed that Oregon had 3,300 in attendance in their last home game. He's daring Oregon to make a coaching change if they think it's him.

DeVries to Creighton, Altman to Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

I strongly doubt McDermott is going anywhere. That said, if he were to leave, my guess is Creighton would look for a top shelf, proven guy. With Pitino now at St. John's, Creighton has no choice but to hire a whale. Coaching in the BE has gotten really, really good. It will be interesting to see who replaces Cooley at Providence.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Kim English to Providence. I've been working too many hours to keep up, he was hired this afternoon. Dana Altman to George Mason would be awesome.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Notre Dame to hire Micha Shrewsberry. Dana Altman to Iowa Western CC.

Comment

Sounds like we should know who's taking the New Mexico State mess over soon. Sounds like Nicholls, Austin Claunch will be the man. He's been another promising up and comer who's seen some success at Nicholls.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          Coaching in the BE has gotten really, really good. It will be interesting to see who replaces Cooley at Providence.
                          That is true. BE coaching is a murderers' row.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Sounds like we should know who's taking the New Mexico State mess over soon. Sounds like Nicholls, Austin Claunch will be the man. He's been another promising up and comer who's seen some success at Nicholls.
                            Rumors were wrong. Jason Hooten (Sam Houston St.) was named the new coach. Speculation I'd seen was that SHSU upped their offer to try and keep him and that people thought it was enough.

NMSU and SHSU are both in the WAC currently but both joining CUSA July 1.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sounds like Terry is currently in negotiations to become the HC at Texas.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Sounds like Terry is currently in negotiations to become the HC at Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X