• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinnipiac has opened
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Home to the Frozen Four National Champions! (Which was a spectacular match if you didn't see it).

Comment

Quinnipiac wasn't open long.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That's kind of a low bar.

Comment

The Cal State Northridge job was finally filled.

Still open are Incarnate Word, Montana State and Coppin State.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Apparently Austin Claunch has indeed left his HC job at Nicholls State to be an assistant at Alabama. So the Nicholls job is officially open.

Montana State is no longer open as they have hired their guy.

Also an interesting side note, the Fairleigh Dickenson WBB coach has left FDU to take over the HC job at Iona. Has a school ever lost both of their head basketball coaches to the same school?
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                The Cal State Northridge job was finally filled
                Hmm. Our very own Eagle Opinion writer’s alma mater. I wonder who Dion Lefler thinks they’ll get. He kind of compared Wichita State basketball to Cal State Northridge.

Comment

I don't read Dion so wouldn't really know his opinion on anything.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

ESPN - Ex-Notre Dame coach Mike Bray to join Hawks staff, sources say

Former Notre Dame men's basketball coach Mike Brey will join coach Quin Snyder's staff on the Atlanta Hawks next season, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

No specific role has been finalized, nor will it be until after this season, sources told Wojnarowski. Brey, who has a 30-year history with Snyder, visited with the Hawks in March.
                    I'm still surprised if USF was the only college interview he had.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I don't read Dion so wouldn't really know his opinion on anything.
                      I thought you said something about the editorial that criticized WSU for firing Brown when he compared us to Cal State Northridge. Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I thought you said something about the editorial that criticized WSU for firing Brown when he compared us to Cal State Northridge. Maybe not.
                        I may have made a general comment based on what others have reported. I've read a few of his things in the past and he's pretty much worthless. If I click on an article and see his name on it I don't even bother reading it. He provides nothing of value.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sounds like the Nicholls job will be closed soon, as they appear to be set to hire Tevon Saddler, the current Director of Player Personnel at Maryland.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Coppin State is the only one left with a vacancy that I can see. They were also one of the first to have an opening.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Coppin State is finally filled by former CSU player Larry Stewart.

As far as I can tell, all D1 jobs are now filled.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm going to throw this in here since it connects.

ESPN - Fired hoops coach Mike Anderson seeks $45.6M from St. John's

Anderson is seeking $45.6 million from the university -- $11.4 million that was left on his contract and an additional $34.2 million for "punitive" damages -- according to the "notice of intention to arbitrate" filed last month by Anderson's lawyer, John Singer of Singer Deutsch.

St. John's lured Pitino from Iona after firing Anderson on March 10.

According to the termination letter obtained by ESPN, Anderson was fired for "failure to create and support an environment that strongly encourages student-athletes who are in the men's basketball program to meet all university academic requirements," "failure to perform your duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflected positively on St. John's University ... in actions [that] brought serious discredit" to the school and "failure to appropriately supervise and communicate with your assistant coaches."

Per documents obtained by ESPN, Anderson claims St. John's officials had tried to offer him a buyout for less than the $11.4 million remaining on his deal before the school accused him of "fictitious" problems within his program and fired him for cause.

In a statement issued Thursday afternoon, St. John's University said it disputed "the wildly inaccurate claims" and that it would "vigorously defend those claims in arbitration."
                                Did St. John's manufacture a for cause firing so they could afford Pitino? Does Anderson have a case to receive not only the $11.4M he was due for being fired, but punitive damages as well?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. For cause has always been a tough sell without hard evidence and if there was anything going on, it wasn't made public.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X