No announcement yet.

It's This Bad For KU Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you looked at the Phog lately? The football side is starting to resemble a burning building. You got one thread that’s just an all out freak out thread in which some kstater claimed the BoR is going to make it where wherever ku goes kstate has to go with. Then another thread calling the SEC a “secondary option” if the Big 10 doesn’t pick them up. Then another where a SEC fan asked what the situation with KU football stadium is lol

Comment

The worst thing the BOR can do to KU is make KSU going with mandatory. KU has it's own problems in getting into one of the power conferences on its own. KSU would pretty much eliminate any chance of that happening. I guess if KSU has enough representation on the BOR it could happen though. This would pretty much guarantee them ending up in the MWC if the B8 doesn't figure a way to save itself.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Are the remaining P5 conferences admitting they are second tier to the SEC?

Great opportunity for Aresco to take the AAC to a more powerful position in both football and basketball if he could convince the remaining Big 8 to merge with the AAC. This expanded AAC could end up the best basketball conference in the country while being the second or third best football conference.
        There was a lot of talk about unity and stability when the commissioners of the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 announced their alliance today. But details on the big issues of the day? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          Are the remaining P5 conferences admitting they are second tier to the SEC?

Great opportunity for Aresco to take the AAC to a more powerful position in both football and basketball if he could convince the remaining Big 8 to merge with the AAC. This expanded AAC could end up the best basketball conference in the country while being the second or third best football conference.
          It's not out of the realm of possibility at this point.

Comment

NM - Wrong thread

Comment

With about 6 minutes left in the 1st qtr, it was ISU (2-2) 21, KU - 0. ISU's quarterback had thrown 4 passes, e of them for touchdowns. ISU has let up a bit and it's only 28-0 with 11 minutes left in the half. ISU punted for the first time.

I know the B1G needs losses from conference foes to get teams eligible for bowl bids, but I don't think they want them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                With about 6 minutes left in the 1st qtr, it was ISU (2-2) 21, KU - 0. ISU's quarterback had thrown 4 passes, e of them for touchdowns. ISU has let up a bit and it's only 28-0 with 11 minutes left in the half. ISU punted for the first time.

I know the B1G needs losses from conference foes to get teams eligible for bowl bids, but I don't think they want them that way.
                The B1G has already told Kansas, no. Kansas basketball cannot overcome the rest of the dumpster fire that is their athletic program. I don't think KU wins at anything outside of basketball. I read somewhere that their natatorium is in such bad shape they use a pool in Topeka. Outside of KC and the state of Kansas, few people think KU is getting a call. Their "peers" are no longer OU and Texas, but BYU and Central Florida.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Looks like David Beaty has been cleared of any wrong doing by the independent panel that’s investigating KU. They obviously just tossed his name into that mix cause they wanted him gone that badly and to probably serve as a diversion from the basketball side of the investigation.
                  Still one hell of a mess in Lawrence.. They have no timeline for when the results of the investigation will be released and are still trying to figure out how to resurrect their football so they can get into the Big 10.
                  I can just see Self hearing that Beaty was cleared of any wrong doing and being like “Great, so that means I’m literally still under investigation. Glad they are taking their time” lol

Comment

Two poor athletic directors in a row, Lew Perkins and Sheahon Zenger. Both suspected of malfeasance... a ticket scandal for the former and for the latter, a renegotiation of the track and baseball park with a contractor under FBI investigation which effectively lost money for the university. Obviously not much downside left unless someone comes up a video of Bill Self doing it with a cocker spaniel.

Comment

Pics are $5 each or 3 for $10

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I'm gullible, stop that.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          A REAL cocker spaniel or just some dogs from the local humane society, err, sorority?

Comment

with regard to the thread title, does KU play football?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Posting at halftime of the KU/Texas game

If KU beats Texas, does the SEC rescind their invitation to Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                                Posting at halftime of the KU/Texas game

If KU beats Texas, does the SEC rescind their invitation to Texas?
                                If Texas loses to KU Sarkisian will be fired on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X