Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    Posting at halftime of the KU/Texas game

If KU beats Texas, does the SEC rescind their invitation to Texas?
    I hate to admit it, but it would add to my pleasure given Baylor beat Oklahoma.

Comment

Texas is bad.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

There's zero excuse for letting kwho hang half a hundred on you....if you're South Dakota State. If you're UT I have no idea what to say....embarrassing doesn't even begin to describe that.

I will say this....I think kwho made a good hire this time.

Comment

I loved hearing the KU fans chanting SEC! at the end of the game.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I hate to admit it, but it would add to my pleasure given Baylor beat Oklahoma.
            If Lincoln Riley is pissed that Baylor took that late field goal, life in the SEC isn’t going to go well for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

If Lincoln Riley is pissed that Baylor took that late field goal, life in the SEC isn’t going to go well for him.
              Lincoln Riley has a lot to be annoyed with after the Baylor game, and that FG is about 10 spots below last on his list. He seems like a pretty cerebral guy, and I have zero idea why he chose that hill to die on after the game.

He needn't worry about the SEC yet, ISU and OSU are going to paint his back porch red if they continue to play like that.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Lincoln Riley has a lot to be annoyed with after the Baylor game, and that FG is about 10 spots below last on his list. He seems like a pretty cerebral guy, and I have zero idea why he chose that hill to die on after the game.

He needn't worry about the SEC yet, ISU and OSU are going to paint his back porch red if they continue to play like that.
                Lincoln Riley does have a lot of bigger stuff to worry about, but the field goal was absolute bu!!$hit. I'm not at all a Sooner fan, nor apologist, but come on! The game is essentially over, fans are already rushing the field, Oklahoma players, for their safety, are sent to the lockerroom- its a mess. In all of that, Baylor calls a timeout with one second to kick a field goal? Beyond bush league.

Comment

I believe that scoring differential is the third tie breaker in the Big 12-2-2+4.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                    I believe that scoring differential is the third tie breaker in the Big 12-2-2+4.
                    Third, fifth, seventh, doesn't matter. If the tiebreaker was really that important, the timeout would have been called with 8-10 seconds, avoiding the goat**** of students charging the field, Lincoln Riley would have understood and the whole mess could have been avoided. That is not how any of it unfolded. It comes off as classless and petty.

Comment

Like Lincoln Riley not running out the clock up 5 against Kansas? Instead scoring a TD with 0:42 left on 3rd down when all they had to do was take a knee 2 seconds after snapping the ball to run it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Like Lincoln Riley not running out the clock up 5 against Kansas? Instead scoring a TD with 0:42 left on 3rd down when all they had to do was take a knee 2 seconds after snapping the ball to run it out?
                        Exactly. I'm not defending Lincoln Riley at all. Bush league, is bush league, is bush league.

Comment

KU's football program may do a partial turnaround under Leipold. Oklahoma going to the SEC is a decision that they will eventually regret...can't blame Lincoln Riley for going to the PAC12.

Comment

Oklahoma will still be a top team in the SEC. Oklahoma will also make a lot more money and with an expanded playoff is still probably going to be in it more often than not.

All of the above is likely much more true than KU football being even semi relevant
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Oklahoma will still be a top team in the SEC. Oklahoma will also make a lot more money and with an expanded playoff is still probably going to be in it more often than not.

All of the above is likely much more true than KU football being even semi relevant
                              I disagree. OU will have an adjustment period. During that time the will have to step up recruiting and coaching. They will either go the A&M route or the Missouri route.

Comment

And neither of those programs have ever been on the level of Oklahoma. Especially Mizzou.

Even before any adjustments to their new surroundings they'd probably be the 3rd best team in the SEC and probably no worse than 4th. The SEC is great at the very top, but most of the conference is just riding coattails and aren't special.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X