It's This Bad For KU Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    And neither of those programs have ever been on the level of Oklahoma. Especially Mizzou.

Even before any adjustments to their new surroundings they'd probably be the 3rd best team in the SEC and probably no worse than 4th. The SEC is great at the very top, but most of the conference is just riding coattails and aren't special.
    OU's program is better than A&M's. A&M is doing fine. OU will adjust and be just fine assuming they hired the right coach, and I think they did. Especially if Brent is able to bring back Lebby as OC.

Comment

OU does not spend money the same way most schools in the SEC does. Missouri discovered it didn’t have the ability to spend to compete. See Rutgers.

Texas A&M did. But that will change how they manage other sports. As it did with A&M.

I was amazed at how different things are here vs Wichita vs Eugene vs Omaha vs Tempe.

Comment

Not especially bad for ku football but an article today says that a NON-PROFIT organization in texass will pay $50,000 dollars a year to offensive linemen at tu for the use of their names and likeness starting next year. Surprisingly it is also being funded by some texass alumni as well as the NON-PROFIT

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          OU does not spend money the same way most schools in the SEC does. Missouri discovered it didn’t have the ability to spend to compete. See Rutgers.

Texas A&M did. But that will change how they manage other sports. As it did with A&M.

I was amazed at how different things are here vs Wichita vs Eugene vs Omaha vs Tempe.
          Interesting. I moved around when I was younger, and have a little different look. Could you elaborate on differences?
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Interesting. I moved around when I was younger, and have a little different look. Could you elaborate on differences?
            Baton Rouge: 100k people at a football game
            Wichita: 10k at basketball game
            Eugene: 50k at a football game
            Omaha: 18k at a basketball game
            Tempe: 40k at a football game

Then look at other sports. LSU has 54 national championships. Oregon has 34, mostly track and field championships. Wichita has a baseball championship. Creighton has a soccer runner up. Arizona State has 24 championships. Missouri has 2, none since 1965.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
              X