Wildcat Way???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
    Looks like the city held an emergency ceremony this morning to rename the street.
    That pic needs to be sent to the Mayor's office in care of : Your WSU/Wichita Constituency, thanks for taking us for granted and not doing the same for WSU.

Comment

Macho Frank Martin won't man up and schedule WSU and Mayor Brewer rewards him with this free publicity. Thank you Mayor, thank you Council.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        Macho Frank Martin won't man up and schedule WSU and Mayor Brewer rewards him with this free publicity. Thank you Mayor, thank you Council.
        I don't have anything against Kstate, but this does bug me too.

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar View Post
          Exactly, people need to CHILL OUT!!!! I went to the game because our company had seats and I'm a basketball fan. It was AN AWESOME EVENT for the city of Wichita. The Atmosphere was amazing. Completely packed. The crowd was into it the entire game. Basically the last 5 minutes of regulation and during both overtimes, the lower bowl did not sit down. I am a WSU Grad and as big of WSU fan as you will find, however, I was proud to be a Wichitan last nights. I am sure Wichita got major props on National TV last night. Not many other games on and it was a great game to watch. I do not understand the bitterness that so many on this board have. Wichita State has a great team and great fans. I think the best in the state. Be proud of that and quit being so jealous about other teams. It's unbelievable!!!! I hope both KU and K-State play a game at Intrust every year. It is great for the arena, the city, old town, etc... Above anything else, it only increases the chances that Wichita will soon host a Men's NCAA 1st/2nd Round. Although I am sure some people on here would still be complaining when that happens. Chill out people. Love the Shox. I know I do. But stop the jealousy. It's ridiculous!!!
          Jealousy? Are you kidding me? Were you just born yesterday or are you some kind of moron? I'm a life long WheatShocker fan and it has nothing to do with jealousy. It has everything to do with with the MildCats and ChickenHawks doing everything they can to destroy WSU for as long as I can remember. In everything academic and athletic, we are competing with them. They are the enemy. In the GOOD old days, If a Wichita Mayor had displayed the same type of despicable MildCat butt-kissing behavior as the current Wichita Mayor displayed, he would have rightfully been tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. But I guess for people like you and the current Wichita Mayor, Loyalty to the home town team means nothing.
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

It all boils down to this game having a "GREAT PROMOTER". He did everything first class. He got the street renamed. He had a pregame VIP Reception for K-State fans in which both Martin and Huggins were present. The only thing the promoter for WSU did was charge way too much for tickets...offer all kinds of discounts at the last minute...and well, that's about it. If you are mad at someone, be mad at the promoter who turned Wichita into Manhattan South.

Comment

What if the street in Aggieville was renamed Shocker Blvd. Do you think those kitties would like that?

Comment

I voted with my feet. I took the last $500-$800 in Christmas purchases out of Wichita. Buy online or buy in another city.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar View Post
                  It all boils down to this game having a "GREAT PROMOTER". He did everything first class. He got the street renamed. He had a pregame VIP Reception for K-State fans in which both Martin and Huggins were present. The only thing the promoter for WSU did was charge way too much for tickets...offer all kinds of discounts at the last minute...and well, that's about it. If you are mad at someone, be mad at the promoter who turned Wichita into Manhattan South.
                  Their promoter did do a very good job. Everywhere I went over the last few weeks I was getting this game shoved down my throat. I was getting very sick of it.

It makes me wonder if he actually made any money or if he spent it all on promotion.

At least now that the game is over all of that should end except for the stupid street signs which will stay in place rest of the year.

And I am very upset at the Mayor. It will be very hard for me to ever vote for him for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                    What if the street in Aggieville was renamed Shocker Blvd. Do you think those kitties would like that?
                    If they had a beautiful brand new arena in downtown Manhattan that was not on the K-State campus and the Kitties didn't play their games in that arena, I don't see why they would have a problem if a street was renamed "Shocker Blvd" for a couple of weeks surrounding a game that the Shox were playing there. Get over it people. This game was not at Koch Arena. It's not like they renamed Hillside. You guys can't have it both ways. For one, you hate the downtown arena and don't think the Shox should ever play there. And then two, another state team comes in to play in that arena and promotes it great and renames a street by the arena and you go crazy. It's comical.

Comment

I think the only real issue here is the waste of taxpayer dollars to rename the street for a school two hours away. The rest of your argument is complete horse ****
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The "Wildcat Way" vinyl on that standard street placard probably cost less than $50, so please get off the "taxpayer dollars" BS talking point.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          For years I have always felt the division one schools should play each other in basketball. Recently I have come to the state of mind that I really don't care if we never play one another unless its in the ncaa tournament. I really don't care what they do or where they do it. Let the arrogant pr___s do their own thing amongst their own. Its not that I have a "little brother complex" as others are so happy to diagnose I just don't give a damn about them anymore.
                          +100

KSU played last night?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

And by the way, since I'm having a hard time letting the little things go today, what's with Dillons and the "Sunflower Showdown" promotion????? It's been going on for over a year. Gimme a break Kroger.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Wildcat Way.........F that

Comment

A regular permanent street name change costs something like $50,000. That is why it isn't done very much. I am sure a temporary change is a lot less, but probably costs more than you think. Not to mention the cost of having the ceremony for the media.

Comment

Working...
                                X