Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Lusk been fired yet?

Comment

• I’m not gonna lie. I would LOVE to somehow draw SIU in the Dance and get to see Barry again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I’m not gonna lie. I would LOVE to somehow draw SIU in the Dance and get to see Barry again.
        I just want him to make the dance. The press conferences would be hilarious.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• It’s an all Illinois Valley semi-final with Chicago vs Peoria and Carbondale vs Normal.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Funny (but it's really not).

• DUShock
              DUShock commented
              Editing a comment
              At least it’s “an easy bus ride.”

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              And that's why it's a perfect storm.

• Some great spin out of Peoria. Writer does a pretty good job of justifying why a one-bid league is better than a league that might get some at large bids, but doesn't really mention that aspect of the Valley that's better off without WSU and Creighton.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Never mentions where the Valley might be this year WITH WSU and MINUS their replacement. Yea. They're better off.

• DUShock
              DUShock commented
              Editing a comment
              The Big 3 Takeaways
              1) The MVC is striving for parity aka mediocrity.

2) Because of the mediocrity, the mindset of the MVC school fan base is “excited” as there are more schools “competing” for the auto bid.

3) Wardle is giddy because he isn’t playing on Thursday, and can now enjoy the pre-tourney socials.

• CBS is contracted to televise MVC tournament basketball games through the 2019-20 season. It has had the contract for 10 consecutive years. You think that contract will continue?

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              But the interest from Illinois and the Chicago metro has to great.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Some great spin out of Peoria. Writer does a pretty good job of justifying why a one-bid league is better than a league that might get some at large bids, but doesn't really mention that aspect of the Valley that's better off without WSU and Creighton.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2018030...-wichita-state
            “Smaller crowds do not equal less excitement or a dampened atmosphere. In fact, black curtains have been dropped across the upper bowl at Scottrade Center, increasing the intimacy of the arena.”

Wow on that attempt to justify.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Some great spin out of Peoria. Writer does a pretty good job of justifying why a one-bid league is better than a league that might get some at large bids, but doesn't really mention that aspect of the Valley that's better off without WSU and Creighton.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2018030...-wichita-state
              “Valley commissioner Doug Elgin used the words “addition by subtraction,” arguing that the loss of a dominant Wichita State program raised the hopes of those left behind and birthed a new age of intense competitive balance.

Now, Elgin is a spinmeister of considerable repute. But before you call bullspit, consider at least a couple of facts.

As a league, the Missouri Valley this season ranks eighth, its loftiest perch since 2013 and up four spots from last season, when Wichita State and Illinois State tied for the conference championship.

Every Valley member ranks in the top half of the nation’s 351 Division I teams on the RPI. Of the nation’s 32 conferences, only the Big East, Big 12 and SEC can claim the same. By comparison, six Valley teams last season finished in the bottom half, with four ranked below 200.”

Zero correlation here; in fact, had the MVC maintained this type of success for the past five years, it’s quite reasonable that WSU wouldn’t have left.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I'm watching some of this Bradley v Loyola game. It's mostly just dribble dribble dribble dribble BRICK. Repeat.

Comment

• Paul Lusk, whose Missouri State Bears were just 7-11 in the Missouri Valley Conference this season, is out as the school's men's basketball coach, sources told ESPN's Jeff Goodman and Jeff Borzello.

he gone

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yesterday, MSU's AD (Moats) was denying the original report that came out yesterday. It's thought that maybe Moats wanted to wait until after Arch Madness to make the announcement. Either that or Moats is a blithering idiot. MSU fans would support either theory.

• Paid a visit to the MSU board and they appear very high on Greg Heiar. There have been some twitter follows between he and MSU brass, so there may be some mutual interest there.

Comment

• wufan
                    wufan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Would be a fantastic HC.

• I’d love to see him get a head coaching job. I’m hoping for better than the Valley though. Could set him up for a lot of wins and a big payday down the road though.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not sure you could do much better than MSU as a first HC job.

• ShockdaWorld
                    ShockdaWorld commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You’re probably right Cdizzle I’m just still a little sour on the MVC as a whole.

• They might have to pay Heiar more than they were paying Lusk. He'd certainly be worth more than they were paying Lusk, and can probably get that much within the next couple of years, if not this year.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockerFever and anyone else that wants to see #Butthurt Go to Paul Suellentrop's twitter page and see Illinois State beat writer Jim Benson's reply.

Might be time for this guy to start piling on the Valley.

Comment

Working...
                    X