No announcement yet.

Valley Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, Bear fans have to be beside themselves. Clearly they have the talent to be a clear 1 or 2 in the Valley. Bradley is just hammering them tonight and they're going to drop to 5-4.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Man, Bear fans have to be beside themselves. Clearly they have the talent to be a clear 1 or 2 in the Valley. Bradley is just hammering them tonight and they're going to drop to 5-4.
      I bet the fire Lusk thread on their forum is doing big business tonight. They were pissed that he didn't get fired last year so they're probably losing their minds right now.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        Wait there is a guy named fofana?
        Wow, must be the son of Feefi!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          From the “Are You Kidding Me?” file...

According to Bradley’s beat writer:

”An adverse reaction to a cryotherapy treatment has sidelined two Missouri State players tonight. Reggie Scurry and Abdul Fofana developed foot blisters after a whole-body cryotherapy session. Scurry is 3rd-leading scorer at 8.9, also 4.2 rebounds. Fofana not in rotation.”

Valley gonna Valley...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Wait there is a guy named fofana?
            I'm sure you remember The Name Game

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              From the “Are You Kidding Me?” file...

According to Bradley’s beat writer:

”An adverse reaction to a cryotherapy treatment has sidelined two Missouri State players tonight. Reggie Scurry and Abdul Fofana developed foot blisters after a whole-body cryotherapy session. Scurry is 3rd-leading scorer at 8.9, also 4.2 rebounds. Fofana not in rotation.”

Valley gonna Valley...
              Only in Springfield could two players miss a game due to freezer burn.

Comment

There are a few more details coming out about the cryotherapy debacle at MSU. A trainer took the MBB and WBB team to a local cross fit facility to have this controversial treatment. It is supposed to help you bounce back from a game a little sooner.

From what I understand, there is some kind of pad at the bottom of the machine (for the person to stand on) and it was removed because the players were too tall to fit into the machine. Fofana was the first to get in and immediately screamed when they started the treatment. They pulled him out and put Scurry (who is a good player) in the machine with the same result. I'm not sure why they didn't keep going - sarcasm.

Fofana and Scurry are both in wheelchairs with 2nd degree burns to their feet. Fofana is out for the season and Scurry should be back in a few weeks.

The few fans that they have left are doing a major face palm. This is stupidity at it's finest. First - you don't modify a machine that can possibly kill you. Then to put a second player in.............I'm at a loss for words.

Heads need to roll in the MSU atheletic department starting with their AD - Kyle Moats - and Paul Lusk should be shown the door. This program is a complete joke.

Thank God I'm a WSU fan. However, it would be great if MSU was a good enough program to at least not hate them.
                Last edited by moshock; February 2, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Un...freaking...believable!

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                There are a few more details coming out about the cryogenics debacle at MSU. A trainer took the MBB and WBB team to a local cross fit facility to have this controversial treatment. It is supposed to help you bounce back from a game a little sooner.

From what I understand, there is some kind of pad at the bottom of the machine (for the person to stand on) and it was removed because the players were too tall to fit into the machine. Fofana was the first to get in and immediately screamed when they started the treatment. They pulled him out and put Scurry (who is a good player) in the machine with the same result. I'm not sure why they didn't keep going - sarcasm.

Fofana and Scurry are both in wheelchairs with 2nd degree burns to their feet. Fofana is out for the season and Scurry should be back in a few weeks.

The few fans that they have left are doing a major face palm. This is stupidity at it's finest. First - you don't modify a machine that can possibly kill you. Then to put a second player in.............I'm at a loss for words.

Heads need to roll in the MSU atheletic department starting with their AD - Kyle Moats - and Paul Lusk should be shown the door. This program is a complete joke.

Thank God I'm a WSU fan. However, it would be great if MSU was a good enough program to at least not hate them.
                Facepalm3.jpg
                78-65

Comment

Interesting that the 2 coaches who have previously been fired by Valley schools (Porter Moser and Barry Hinson) are now in sole possession of first and second in the league.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I feel for MSU fans. Lusk has lost their best team in awhile. They were 13-3 3-0 in the Valley and wins over Loyola and UNI when everyone thought UNI was still decent.

Since then, 2-7. They're 5-7 in the Valley and look like a Thursday team now. And they're getting hammered. At Bradley by 20, ISUr at home by 16, and today at Loyola 22. Just awful.

Comment

I really thought they would be contending for the first post WSU title. It’s too bad.

Comment

Northern Iowa continues to impress as the flagship of the league.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

For anyone griping about our team, UNI fans have a 1 and a half page thread about their game against Indiana State. 3 posts were before the game started (that said nothing), 6 were during the game, 4 more were griping about halftime entertainment options and the remaining dozen or so were either describing how they were done with supporting the team or how Jake is a terrible coach.....and all of them are holding your beer.

Comment

I'm just about fed up with MSU and UNI rolling over for Loyola and SIU.

The alleged new Valley Flagship (UNI) and the team that replaced the previous Valley Flagship (Valparaiso) are tied for last place at 3-9.

At least the Valley's real new Flaship (Loyola) has the huge Chicago market locke up. Loyola's attendance is up 17% (from 1,862 to 2,185),

Comment

Here’s a fun exercise:

Which American teams would NOT win the MVC this year?

You might have to go all the way down to East Carolina.

:)

Comment

• ShockTalk
                                ShockTalk commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Latest RPI projection has Loyola just in the top 50.
                            Working...
                            X