Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arch Madness all-session ticket sales down 31% compared to last year

Comment

No surprise. The worse news is the 1300+ WSU sold through the offices pales in comparison to the number of WSU fans that went without going through the ticket office. It will be thin to win in St Louis, which honestly is sad. That was a great event for many years other than the annual assaults on WSU fan's wallets. See you in Orlando.

Comment

They can all suck it forever.

Some fans complaining about some mid-court sections not being as good as other mid-court sections, and should be sold at a discount.

Try row QQ behind the basket, asshats.

4 teams have "sold" more than the league-required number and 3 of those 4 are within 2.5 hours of STL. With 6/10 teams buying the minimum, who knows how many were actually "purchased" by fans. WSU fans aren't doing it to get decent seats this year.

Comment

I was told ticket sales would be up because fans stopped going when it was obvious WSU was going to win every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
            http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2018021...-significantly
            It shall be dubbed the "Wichita State effect."
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
              http://www.pjstar.com/sports/2018021...-significantly
              From the article:

The Valley is hopeful that several ticket promotions (Ticket Promotions) can also boost sales. 
              Ah, yes, the Groupon approach
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Missouri State currently getting Evansville by Drake at home which ironically could push the Bears to Drake Thursday in St. Louis.

Loyola getting Evansville'd by the real thing which sadly affects nothing.

Comment

Northern Iowa has a 44% chance of finishing in last place according to Hacksaw’s weighted probabilities.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But if they beat last place Valpo on the road (they haven't had a road win in like 400 days) then I think they have about a 50/50 chance of finishing 6th. Valley of Even indeed.

Anyone see or read about the finish to the Bradley @ Valpo game this past Saturday? Bradley had a 60-56 lead with round 6:00 miniutes to play. With 55 seconds left Valpo had turned that into a 77-60 lead with a 21-0 run. Maybe Valpo (who is tied for last with UNI) is gearing up a run out of the play-in round to the auto-bid in St. Louis.

However, MIssouri State may have topped that in wierdness in their 63-67 home loss to Drake. MSU's Jarred Dixon went down hard after being fouled on a breakaway with Drake leading 53-48. Apparently, a number of MSU players left the bench to check on Dixon and by rule were ejected even though no fighting was involved. That left the Bears with only 2 reserves. Apparently, that pissed a couple of Bear fans off who were close to the floor and they were ejected. Apparently, that got the crowd of just under 5,000 going. The Bears than went on a 12-3 run to take a 60-56 lead with 2:00 to play. However, MSU hit only 3 of 9 free throws in those last 2 minutes and with the game tied at 63-63 Drake's Reed Timmer hit a long 3-pointer and was fouled with 2 seconds on the clock giving Drake the 4 point win.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

You just can't make this stuff up.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

The MSU coaching circus needs to leave town, sell their tent and join the zoo.

Comment

Watching the UNI/Valpo battle of the titans, errr Titanics, all I’m going to say is TGWAITVA.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hmmm -- I'm just guessing, but let me try a PG-13 translation: "Thank goodness we are in the vreaking American."

Or, maybe more likely (and back to G-rated): "Thank goodness we aren't in the Valley anymore."

• ShockBand
                          ShockBand commented
                          Editing a comment
                          WSUwatcher, correct on the second one! I kept it clean.

Loyola goes 15-3 (25-6 overall) to win the Valley. SIU finishes second. Valpo edges out UNI, UE, and MSU for last. Surely Lusk and Simmons are done.

LUC and Drake put together nice recruiting classes, and Bradley returns everyone except Deonte Thomas next year.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That has been the common refrain regarding Paul Lusk for a number of years now.

But considering they were expected to contend for the Valley title this year and had 5 seniors and 4 juniors on their roster including an NBA prosect in Alize Johnson this could, in fact, be the end of the line for Coach Lusk.

Echoing ShockBand from last week after looking at the final MVC standings...

Man, am I glad WSU isn't in that league any more. I know Warren Nolan has the Valley 8th in RPI, just one step behind the American (although the ELO rating varies somewhat more: 7th for the American, 10th for the Valley), but when I look at the names from the two leagues, it is NOT a close comparison, even though Loyola does bring the coveted Chicago market (yeah, suurrrre) to the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Echoing ShockBand from last week after looking at the final MVC standings...

Man, am I glad WSU isn't in that league any more. I know Warren Nolan has the Valley 8th in RPI, just one step behind the American (although the ELO rating varies somewhat more: 7th for the American, 10th for the Valley), but when I look at the names from the two leagues, it is NOT a close comparison, even though Loyola does bring the coveted Chicago market (yeah, suurrrre) to the Valley.
                          Absolutely zero question from a competition and name recognition perspective. Loyola does have a very nice team this year (similar to the Redbirds last season), and I’m glad to see Bradley continuing to make strides.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Rlh04d
                            Rlh04d commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This! Go Bradley.

Couldn't care less about the rest of it.
                        Working...
                        X