No announcement yet.

Valley Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valley champs Loyola gets Preseason #2 UNI tommorrow.

In the second Drake Night game. Preseason #1 MSU plays WSU replacement Valpo.

Comment

1st Drake night with no Drake in quite a while.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Drake, Bradley, and Indy State all managed to miss Drake Night this year. It took every bit of Pual Lusk's coaching ability for MSU to achieve getting a game on Drake Night. A better coach could have never done that, considering the talent MSU had this season.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          And they nearly got Evansvilled by Valpo. Preseason 1 and 2 on Thursday, just wow.

I still think that’s your Sunday matchup waiting to happen. MSU-UNI... although I think I’d rather see Barry win it all.

loyola will lose and they will taste the sting of being in the MVC by getting left out. if you think you had a nice season, just wait till you lose in St. Louis and get left out at large.

Id like to know how many loyola fans are there. 300? For a top 30 season? I guess we will see what kind of fan base they have
        Last edited by Dave Stalwart; March 2, 2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Alize Johnson is the real deal. Too bad Lusk is so good at coaching his kids down.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

5-1/2 minutes in and Loyola has scored 2 points to UNI's 6. Scorcher, that one is.

Has the 1-seed ever gone down against a Thursday team in the Arch Sadness era?

Comment

• MadaboutWu
              MadaboutWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, though Loyola almost took us down in 2016.

• Play Angry
              Play Angry commented
              Editing a comment
              No 1 or 2 seed has ever lost its opening game since the Tournament moved to St. Louis.

Edit: Nope, I stand corrected - announcers just mentioned it happened in 1997 to the 2 seed.
              Last edited by Play Angry; March 2, 2018, 01:27 PM.

I just popped over to the ESPN website to check in on the MVC tourney and was surprised to see that the tourney games are being televised across the traditional medium, only carried on ESPN3. That is sad and a good illustration of how mediocrity can drive one toward the abyss.

Edit: I did check Fox KC/Midwest and the MVC tourney lost out to a rerun of "This Week in the UFC." I do recognize that streaming is the future, however , in the present the dollars are still with the endangered species that is traditional cable & television.
            Last edited by DUShock; March 2, 2018, 01:33 PM.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

UNI 37
              Loyola 33

Under 12 timeout in the 2nd half.

Comment

37-37

Under 8 Timeout

Offenses have been as phenomenal as you'd expect from this torrid pace.

Comment

• Tied at 37 w/ 7:30 to play.

UNI / LUC
                  FG Made-Attempted 16-38 17-43
                  Field Goal % 42.1 39.5
                  3PT Made-Attempted 3-10 2-13
                  Three Point % 30.0 15.4
                  FT Made-Attempted 2-3 1-1
                  Free Throw % 66.7 100.0
                  Total Rebounds 25 23
                  Offensive Rebounds 3 3
                  Defensive Rebounds 22 20
                  Team Rebounds 0 0
                  Assists 10 9
                  Steals 2 5
                  Blocks 3 4
                  Turnovers 10 6
                  Team Turnovers 0 0
                  Total Turnovers 10 6
                  Personal Fouls 7 5
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• 54-50 Loyola. The Ramblers were only whistled for 8 fouls the whole game.

6 of UNI's 14 fouls were in the last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      I just popped over to the ESPN website to check in on the MVC tourney and was surprised to see that the tourney games are being televised across the traditional medium, only carried on ESPN3. That is sad and a good illustration of how mediocrity can drive one toward the abyss.

Edit: I did check Fox KC/Midwest and the MVC tourney lost out to a rerun of "This Week in the UFC." I do recognize that streaming is the future, however , in the present the dollars are still with the endangered species that is traditional cable & television.
                      That did not surprise me very much. However, I was surprised that when I tried to click in that it was blacked out in Wichita. That really broke my heart. I don't know if I can survive that.

Comment

• BU downs DU, 63-61 on a last-second layup. According to the play-by-play, other than the game winner there was only 1 made field goal between the two teams in the last 6:29 of the game. Drake had one made FG in the last 8:15.

Comment

• Barry going for the trifecta

Comment

• I always enjoy seeing Barry stick it to SWOMO
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                            X