SIU 154
    ISUb 168
    Drake 181
    *ECU 264
    *SFU 282

* American Athletic Conference

MVC has 3 top 100

AAC has 2 top 25, 4 top 50 and 7 top 100

Opportunity for so many more quality wins in the American!
    Livin the dream

Comment

After a hot start the Valley is down to two teams in the top 100 of rpi. UNI is 25 with SoS 7. IlSU is 66 with SoS 15. There are 4 teams between 106 and 125, but those are typically neither quality wins nor bad losses. As far as SoS goes, after UNI and IlSU, InSU is at 107. The rest of the Valley is between 216 and 327.

The Valley is maintaining its' status as the best one-bid league in the land.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Its hard to believe that there are two AAC teams so much worse than Drake. Really? And not just a little worse. But at least we don't have to play them twice like we would Drake if still in the Valley

Comment

Valley thoughts: "It's a shame Wichita didn't leave the MVC one year sooner. Last year may have been our Halley's Comet year, and it was wasted on an NIT."

Being good and earning it is overrated anyway.

Comment

Former MVC center Reggie Lynch suspended indefinitely at Minnesota for something to due with violation of schools sexual misconduct policy. Just saw it scroll across the bottom of the screen on ESPN.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Former MVC center Reggie Lynch suspended indefinitely at Minnesota for something to due with violation of schools sexual misconduct policy. Just saw it scroll across the bottom of the screen on ESPN.
              It’s horrible that the first thing I think is that I feel bad for the player in this situation. I should feel empathy for the alleged victim, but with the recent guilty until proven innocent policy that campuses employ, Reggie just lost the second semester of basketball with little or no due process. The best you can hope for in something like this is that Lynch is actually guilty and is getting a little extra punishment prior to the legal ramifications.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s horrible that the first thing I think is that I feel bad for the player in this situation. I should feel empathy for the alleged victim, but with the recent guilty until proven innocent policy that campuses employ, Reggie just lost the second semester of basketball with little or no due process. The best you can hope for in something like this is that Lynch is actually guilty and is getting a little extra punishment prior to the legal ramifications.
                I believe the incident was over a year ago and Lynch was not either not charged or charges were dropped for lack of evidence, I can't remember which.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

There is a lot of smoke with Reggie Lynch. Not just with the two reported sexual assault incidents but many, many different message board rumors not just on the ISUr board but the Minnesota board as well.

Either dozens of people in Normal and Minneapolis are on a mission to ruin Reggie Lynch’s life or the dude is a serial offender that is destined for the big house, and not the one in Ann Arbor.

Comment

Kenpom rankings:

*WSU 4
                    *Cinci 13
                    *SMU 26
                    *Houston 45
                    *Temple 54
                    LUC 74
                    *UCF 79
                    UNI 80
                    MSU 82
                    *UConn 100
                    Valpo 105
                    Bradley 118
                    *Tulsa 120
                    ISUr 136
                    *Tulane 141
                    Evansville 142
                    *Memphis 151
                    SIU 154
                    ISUb 168
                    Drake 181
                    *ECU 264
                    *SFU 282

* American Athletic Conference

MVC has 3 top 100

AAC has 2 top 25, 4 top 50 and 7 top 100

Opportunity for so many more quality wins in the American!
                    Update:

Cincy 9
                    WSU 11
                    SMU 29
                    Hou 42
                    MSU 58
                    Temple 77
                    UCF 80
                    Loyola 105
                    UNI 118
                    Tulsa 120
                    Tulane 121
                    Bradley 124
                    UCONN 141
                    SIU 146
                    Evansville 147
                    Valpo 151
                    Drake 158
                    ISUr 162
                    ISUb 168
                    Memphis 174
                    USF 308!!
                    ECU 313!!

AAC still has 2 top 25, 4 top 50 and now 6 top 100

Only Missouri State remains in the top 100 for the Valley.
                    The other 9 are 105-168 with 6 of those 146-168! Talk about even.

God help ECU and USF.

5 top 100 wins so far with a chance for 9 more, at least.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; January 6, 2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I think one thing that may remain the same for the Shocks in the AAC as it was in the MVC is that the Shocks still have a big target on their back and will probably be everyone's super bowl they head out on the road in AAC play.

Comment

#bestCoach now 0-4

Comment

Honestly I’m really surprised uni is so bad. I figured they’d be a top half finisher at least

Comment

• Cdizzle
                            Cdizzle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            They don't have the Jimmies and Joes.

Ben's ticket to greener pastures may now be forever blowing in the wind.

Comment

In the last 2 days, UNI got Tree'd, ISUred got Rambler'd, MSU got Evansville'd, Drake got Valpo'd and SIU got Gargoyle'd.

Valley of Death --> Valley of Even --> Valley no one wants to win

Comment

• WuDrWu
                              WuDrWu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This is so completely accurate. I've said it before, I will continue to pay attention to the Valley because they were our brethren for so many years. I will continue to be interested in how they are doing. I've watched every Valley team at least one game this season, and I wouldn't give any of them an advantage over the others in a tournament setting. Even if UNI at 0-5 plays at 4-1 Drake tomorrow, that's a coin flip game and it's likely to be a coin flip in St. Louis. Name any 2 random Valley teams and tell me who the favorite is. I dare you.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            In the last 2 days, UNI got Tree'd, ISUred got Rambler'd, MSU got Evansville'd, Drake got Valpo'd and SIU got Gargoyle'd.

Valley of Death --> Valley of Even --> Valley no one wants to win
                            1 comment
                            • WuDrWu
                              #44.1

Originally posted by [URL="https://shockernet.net/member/58-wudrwu"
                              WuDrWu[/URL] commented
                              12 minutes ago

This is so completely accurate. I've said it before, I will continue to pay attention to the Valley because they were our brethren for so many years. I will continue to be interested in how they are doing. I've watched every Valley team at least one game this season, and I wouldn't give any of them an advantage over the others in a tournament setting. Even if UNI at 0-5 plays at 4-1 Drake tomorrow, that's a coin flip game and it's likely to be a coin flip in St. Louis. Name any 2 random Valley teams and tell me who the favorite is. I dare you.
                              To illustrate the good doctor's point, here are the KenPom projections for the next games (note there is only one game with greater than a 68% odds):
                              Home Visitor
                              170 Drake 131 Evansville (W, 65-64, 55%)
                              69 Missouri St. 164 Indiana St. (W, 72-62, 82%)
                              96 Loyola Chicago 118 Bradley (W, 65-59, 68%)
                              153 Southern Illinois 163 Illinois St. (W, 74-70, 66%)
                              140 Northern Iowa 147 Valparaiso (W, 63-59, 63%)
                            Last edited by im4wsu; January 11, 2018, 12:49 PM. Reason: sorry for the poor formatting
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                            X