Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All being said I think he did a good a job keeping the Mo Valley relevant especially with what he had to work with as far as budgets and lack of funding by the member schools. I did like his mandate of all schools scheduling up during the non conference even if it lasted only a year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      All being said I think he did a good a job keeping the Mo Valley relevant especially with what he had to work with as far as budgets and lack of funding by the member schools. I did like his mandate of all schools scheduling up during the non conference even if it lasted only a year or two.
      The 150 rule made the Valley great. Dropping the mandate was a huge mistake. I still watch Valley games, probably always will. I love seeing them upset big dogs, but with the loss of Wichita State and Creighton, the league is pretty much decimated.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• People should remember that it is was Doug that picked up the phone and called Gregg and told him it was time.

For any faults, Doug reigned over a tremendous period for the Valley, and certainly a BIG resurgence for the conference as a whole. The Valley was not good in the late 80s, awful in the early 90s and not much better in the late 90s. The Valley got pretty damned strong in the 2000s and until it lost CU and WSU. Two blows that no conference could take.

Good overall dude that did a heck of job in a place that was far from easy.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• I thought he did a good job. But being conference admin for 33 years is a long, long time. That won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
          X