AAC Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final: Memphis 48 - UCLA 45.

Sounds like a very entertaining game and that has to be a good Pow6r win doesn't it?

Comment

SMU with a good start at #20 TCU up 16-7 at the end of the 1st quarter.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 16, 2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Is it?

I think the announcers said ku is 3 wins from the longest road losing streak in the history of college football. After today, it's practically a mortal lock to give them that trophy.
        And KU is planning a $300 million renovation to Memorial Stadium! Does that make any sense?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          Meanwhile Kansas looks like a shoo-in to register the same number of FBS wins as us this season. Ohio is mediocre at best and they look like USC against the Jayhawks.

A shame, really.
          You would think KU would have continued their practice of not scheduling anything with progams headed at any time by Jim Schaus. Oops.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 16, 2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Is it?
            LOL of course not.

Comment

Arguably the most important games of the are tonight's road matchups for Tulsa @ Toledo and Cincy @ Miami OH. Both are underdogs, and these are the type of games which can magnify the separation between the AAC and the rest of the access bowl pack.

Comment

POW6R

Comment

I love this thread so much. Still can't believe WSU is in this conference.

Comment

Tulsa lost a nail biter at the Glass Bowl but Cincy sprung the road upset. Pretty good weekend for the AAC - they won all the games they were favored to win and snagged upsets from Memphis and Cincy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                      Let me just say again how much I love being in a relevant football conference. My saturdays are much improved. It's easy for me to root for an entire conference anyway. I wouldn't say that I need my own team although I'm sure a favorite will emerge. I watch the whole NFL happily bit lean towards a couple favorites. The American is gonna be just like that.
                      This. Weird I was disappointed a cfb team was off today. Watched some UCLA/Memphis anyway... Anchors away!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Tulsa lost a nail biter at the Glass Bowl but Cincy sprung the road upset. Pretty good weekend for the AAC - they won all the games they were favored to win and snagged upsets from Memphis and Cincy.
                        I caught the end of the Cincy win. No idea what Miami was thinking. Sure they had 3rd and 7 from about the 10, but Cincy had 1 timeout, and Miami LED 17-14. Run the ball, if you don't get it, they use their last timeout, punt it and let your defense win the game. It's unlikely they would have done anything but set up for a FG with less than a minute remaining and no timeouts.

Bad coaching, and a good break for the Bearcats.

Of course, if you really want to talk about pick6 for the win, watch this..........

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          I love this thread so much. Still can't believe WSU is in this conference.
                          I love this thread too ... first, very glad that our Presidents voted for the invite --- and second, for the support like this regarding the conference's teams.

Beyond neat, the alliance with Navy you all have and the trip to Tulsa planned.

Comment

Originally posted by MemTGRS View Post
                            I love this thread too ... first, very glad that our Presidents voted for the invite --- and second, for the support like this regarding the conference's teams.

Beyond neat, the alliance with Navy you all have and the trip to Tulsa planned.
                            I know it was risky, but man I loved that fake FG call. Watched that game to the end, saw all the fans in that great stadium, as much as I was enjoying the moment and the huge win for Memphis, part of me was wondering, what if we had the vision of Memphis, Cincy, Tulsa and others that had the foresight decades before Darron Boatright.....a tear was shed. But now I will embrace the moment.

ADDED POW6R

Comment

The basketball thread about K-State made me wonder how they would fair as a football team in the American (assuming Snyder is still coaching), most likely?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm rooting for both UCF and USF both of whom are presently undefeated, and along with Miami, have replaced both Florida and Florida State as the top FB teams in the State.

Comment

Working...
                                X