Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goats get eaten.

Never understood that saying.
    Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
      Goats get eaten.

Never understood that saying.
      Greatest
      Of
      All
      Time
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.
        (From The Big Lebowski)
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

Got my tickets to the Navy Tulsa game. Looking forward to it but a busy weekend with the game sandwiched around the Fl home matches.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Got my tickets to the Navy Tulsa game. Looking forward to it but a busy weekend with the game sandwiched around the Fl home matches.
            Yes you will be busy.

Comment

It is just really fun to check the scores for todays football games and check in on MY conference which is now a very relevant part of all that.

I haven't been much of a college football fan and I'm learning that a big part of that was just being in the MVC. I was a big MVC follower too. I liked it there in general but this is just eye opening for me.

And it's only the beginning.

Comment

Only AAC losses out of conference yesterday were Cincinnati at #8 Michigan and East Carolina at West Virginia. Houston ended up winning late last night at Arizona. That's a good Pow6r win.

Comment

Good start to the weekend for the AAC.

USF 47 -Illinois 23

Temple 29 - UMass 21

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    USF 47 -Illinois 23
                    Caught a bit of this before the volleyball match and a lot more after while I worked.....that game was borderline unwatchable. 31 penalties. How does Lovie Smith keep getting work? That was one of the most poorly prepared teams I've ever seen.

USF didn't even look that good......I do not see another win for the Illini unless it's at home against hapless Rutgers who better hope to hell they beat Morgan State this weekend or it may very well be R0tgers.

Still a solid POW6R showing by the Bulls.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; September 16, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Huge chance for Memphis today vs. high flying Josh Rosen and #25 UCLA at the Liberty Bowl on ABC. Go Tigers!

Comment

Let me just say again how much I love being in a relevant football conference. My saturdays are much improved. It's easy for me to root for an entire conference anyway. I wouldn't say that I need my own team although I'm sure a favorite will emerge. I watch the whole NFL happily bit lean towards a couple favorites. The American is gonna be just like that.

Comment

Memphis looking good in the first half against UCLA. UConn getting crushed by Virginia
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Pretty fun game so far, 41-31 Memphis w/7 minutes left in the 3rd.

Comment

Meanwhile Kansas looks like a shoo-in to register the same number of FBS wins as us this season. Ohio is mediocre at best and they look like USC against the Jayhawks.

A shame, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                Meanwhile Kansas looks like a shoo-in to register the same number of FBS wins as us this season. Ohio is mediocre at best and they look like USC against the Jayhawks.

A shame, really.
                                Is it?

I think the announcers said ku is 3 wins from the longest road losing streak in the history of college football. After today, it's practically a mortal lock to give them that trophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X