Shockernet Upgrade and Mobile Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

That may be part of it, but there were threads with entirely new responses that weren't be reflected (i.e. the thread would not be highlighted as having new posts and the latest listed post was hours ago, but when I opened the thread there had been multiple entirely new posts, not just comments, within the last 15 minutes or so.
    Havent seen that. But I normally dont browse that way.
    Kung Wu u will have to help with that.

Comment

I'm noticing that some threads are not highlighting when there are new posts or updating on the side that says who posted most recently (so it will move the thread to the top, but still say the most recent post was 23 hours ago).
      Let me see if I can recreate that. It's working a lot better than it did in the previous version, but if there are still issues I will ping the techs at vBulletin.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I'm noticing that some threads are not highlighting when there are new posts or updating on the side that says who posted most recently (so it will move the thread to the top, but still say the most recent post was 23 hours ago).
        Just to be sure I follow 100%. You are saying that when you click New Topics, it shows the list of New Topics properly, but the information on who posted last and when (on the right side) is incorrect?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Just to be sure I follow 100%. You are saying that when you click New Topics, it shows the list of New Topics properly, but the information on who posted last and when (on the right side) is incorrect?
          No. Just when I am in the general men's basketball forum, it will sometimes not highlight a thread as having new posts or accurately give the most recent post on the right. The home page will list that there are unread posts in men's basketball, but when you go there, that is what I see.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

No. Just when I am in the general men's basketball forum, it will sometimes not highlight a thread as having new posts or accurately give the most recent post on the right. The home page will list that there are unread posts in men's basketball, but when you go there, that is what I see.
            Ah, okay. Let me experiment with that.

Comment

Can you make this happen pretty much any time you want or is it intermittent? If you can repeat it easily, I will try turning off the comment system and see if that's causing some strangeness.

Comment

• It seems intermittent to me, but I've mostly noticed it with the scores of interest thread for what it is worth.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Same thing was happening to me 2-3 days ago but it seems to have fixed itself. It was doing it to me every thread FWIW.

Comment

• If it rears it's nasty head again I will turn off comments for a while and see if that stops the issue. It's debatable whether we should leave comments on anyway. They are cool, but when you comment other people might not see your response because I don't think it shows up as a "new post".

Thoughts?

Comment

• WheatShock
                      WheatShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm pretty sure you are directed to the 1st thing you haven't read when you click on a topic even if its only a comment on a page you've already read. I wonder if new comments in topics that had no new posts was causing what we were seeing.

• Yeah, I am thinking if an older post gets a comment, it looks like the most recent post is "old" (and you would think incorrect) but it's because that post has a new comment.

Just a theory.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe you are right. There are times I have to hunt back for a new comment on an old post.

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Yeah, I am thinking if an older post gets a comment, it looks like the most recent post is "old" (and you would think incorrect) but it's because that post has a new comment.

Just a theory.
                    The issue is currently happening to me and doesn’t involve a comment. The newest post in the b-ball forum is from the National Poll topic and it appears first on the topic list. It says the most recent post was 2 hours ago (not true). Clicking the topic takes me to Play Angry’s post with 13 likes, it currently does not have a comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      The issue is currently happening to me and doesn’t involve a comment. The newest post in the b-ball forum is from the National Poll topic and it appears first on the topic list. It says the most recent post was 2 hours ago (not true). Clicking the topic takes me to Play Angry’s post with 13 likes, it currently does not have a comment.
                      Same thing is happening to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        This is awesome, I am seeing the same thing, so I can better understand the issue. What is weird is it is showing @shock02's avatar (and at the time he DOES have the last post), but saying it is Play Angry that posted last.

I will contact support and ask what the deal is.

Comment

• I am wondering if it is logging the latest activity rather than post (i.e., somebody likes a post and that "liked" post registers as the latest activity).

Comment

• Kung Wu
                            Kung Wu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't think so. I was able to replicate it and several posts came in during that timeframe. Seems like a caching issue. Since the avatar is correct, it should help them sort it out.

• Cdizzle
                            Cdizzle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think we should all just blame Play Angry.

• WheatShock
                            WheatShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            dilly dilly

• Test!

I 'almost' feel sorry for all my KU friends and relatives...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                          X