Shockernet Upgrade and Mobile Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Im actually finding the standard template is way more readable than the shockernet dark on mobile. The dark one seems to emphasis the wrong parts and makes reading the conversations hard. Most of the buttons are either far too large (replay and page numbers) or way too small to be noticeable (login, quote etc)

Also is there a way to hide where it shows the users lifetime likes, posts.. etc on mobile? That takes up way too much room when scrolling.
    Okay, I have a template that I am going to test tomorrow that may clean a LOT of this crap up.

Yes we can remove that stuff on mobile I believe, but it will take a little time for me to beat through it. I want to get the desktop version nailed down before I get the mobile rockin'.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
      How do you Manage that?
      Dammit, it appears I was...

Image result for wrong meme

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Also .. I keep getting private messages (and the associated emails) of every reply and like I get even though I've turned it off everywhere I can find. Any ideas?

Comment

Also .. I keep getting private messages (and the associated emails) of every reply and like I get even though I've turned it off everywhere I can find. Any ideas?
          OK I just tried turning it off in the admin console. I will "Like" the message that I am quoting above ... tell me if you still get a notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

OK I just tried turning it off in the admin console. I will "Like" the message that I am quoting above ... tell me if you still get a notification.
            I got a private message for both your like and the reply.

Comment

Ugh, I will ask the plugin authors what the dealio is.

Comment

Kung Wu, I assume Stickboy46 is on mobile, so this is happening on desktop as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's weird, and I am looking to see if there is another way (maybe someone else has found one?), but go to:

New Topics, then in the list of topics right next to the topic header is a tiny blue button showing two down arrows. Click on that bad boy.
                  The blue button only seems to bring you to the latest post, not your most recent unread one. On the old mobile skin, the default behavior when clicking a thread was to bring you to the first unread (by you) post in the thread, even if you were 3 pages behind.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post

The blue button only seems to bring you to the latest post, not your most recent unread one. On the old mobile skin, the default behavior when clicking a thread was to bring you to the first unread (by you) post in the thread, even if you were 3 pages behind.
                    Try the Last Activity tab within the thread. It's closer to what we want, but not exactly what we had last time. I'm looking into it.

Comment

• On mobile the pages take extremely long to load right now. That and hitting the page numbers doesn't seem to work properly. It ends up trying to load every single post inn the thread.

Buttons are quite large (someone else mentioned that).

I am on chrome mobile browser. Just some feedback as you get things rolling.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                        On mobile the pages take extremely long to load right now. That and hitting the page numbers doesn't seem to work properly. It ends up trying to load every single post inn the thread.

Buttons are quite large (someone else mentioned that).

I am on chrome mobile browser. Just some feedback as you get things rolling.
                        I had same thing on mobile, it appears the default is to show all posts on one page. I went in my profile and set it to 10, definitely sped it up.

click on your name in top right, go to user settings, then account tab, a ways down is a post viewing option

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn View Post

I had same thing on mobile, it appears the default is to show all posts on one page. I went in my profile and set it to 10, definitely sped it up.

click on your name in top right, go to user settings, then account tab, a ways down is a post viewing option
                          that is immensely better. Recommend that the default number of posts on a page needs to be changed by an admin. It appears the forum default is "all"
                          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

that is immensely better. Recommend that the default number of posts on a page needs to be changed by an admin. It appears the forum default is "all"
                            OK I just tracked this and verified that the default should be 15 posts per page. When I created a new user it only showed 15 per page. Do you think you might have set it higher on the old site and that setting just carried over? If you set it back to "default" does it show 15 or does it revert back to showing them all?

Also you can track progress on issues (and discuss them) here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              So behind the scenes we have had some discussion about updating Shockernet to the latest (and MUCH more current) version of our forum software. This would be a major change with the following enhancements:

- Better mobile capabilities
                              Please enumerate. What is better about the mobile version???

Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                                Please enumerate. What is better about the mobile version???
                                Dude, take a chill pill.

Kung Wu will get it working smooth before you know it.
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X