No announcement yet.

Like and thanks on mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only Apple product kicked the bucket out of the blue a few months back. So, until I buy another iPod, I am Apple free!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
      You have zero Apple products? I thought was the last one to finally cave. I have a new life mission....
      Yeah! Zero Apple products in my range of devices. Droid for phone, PC instead of a Mac, use my phone as my music streamer and have my music on the Amazon cloud, Kindle Fire for a tablet/e-reader. I've used other's Apple products and they're very visually appealing, but I just can't figure out a lot of the GUI. I'm sure if I bought one and played around with it for a few days it'd be easy to figure out, but at this point I've aligned myself and my tendencies with Google/Amazon/PC and there are beyond adequate devices to support that choice.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        Here is my standard response to issues on the forum, similar to telling someone to just restart their computer to fix a problem.

Go to your browser settings and clear your cache. I wouldn't go so far as to delete cookies yet, but try and clear the cache. Re-run the browser and see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work, restart your phone. See if it works. No luck, clear cookies. Re-run browser, see if it works.
        I ended up clearing the cache and it worked.

Thanks.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

The one argument I have for apple- my iPhone 4 just updated to 7.0 and it works flawlessly. My MacBook is 4 years old and only needs a new battery. Performs like new. My dad got a desktop when the flat monitors first came out- just now became outdated and unusable. Apple does a great job making their products last. The value for the money is terrific.

Never steal an apple product.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

That's weird, because I have a number of friends on FB complaining about the new update. They say it looks great, but most are saying their products have gotten slower and it drains their batteries at an alarming rate. Most of them still swear by Apple though. So Apple obviously does something right.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

it drains their batteries because they A) leave apps running in the background B) haven't reset their auto-backlight. Mine still lasts 2 days.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Apple's primary problem is cultural. If they can break away from Steve Job's control freak culture they could endure. As it was they would innovate awesome products but those products would quickly get left behind due to controlling them to the nth degree until they are surpassed in capability for the cost. So far they have not shown that they will break that mold. Let's hope they do.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Apple's primary problem is cultural. If they can break away from Steve Job's control freak culture they could endure. As it was they would innovate awesome products but those products would quickly get left behind due to controlling them to the nth degree until they are surpassed in capability for the cost. So far they have not shown that they will break that mold. Let's hope they do.
                  I'm going to have to disagree here. Apple's greatest attribute was a refusal to compromise. Instead of following what everyone else was doing, Steve pushed to find a better way to do it. For years everyone has been playing catch up with them. Others may have introduced new features, but for the most part apple stood strong and refused to follow their footsteps. And that brings us to IOS 7. IMO major compromises. Apple has always done a great job at pushing the envelope but making sure they had the hardware to back it up. That's a part of the reason why macs have such a longer lifespan than pcs. Much of the iOS 7 upgrade however is glitz for the sake of glitz and as has been mentioned, it is hard on the equipment. My iPhone 4s is more laggy and has less battery life than before and it's only 2 generations old. I just hope the trend doesn't make it's way over to OS X.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                    I'm going to have to disagree here. Apple's greatest attribute was a refusal to compromise. Instead of following what everyone else was doing, Steve pushed to find a better way to do it. For years everyone has been playing catch up with them. Others may have introduced new features, but for the most part apple stood strong and refused to follow their footsteps. And that brings us to IOS 7. IMO major compromises. Apple has always done a great job at pushing the envelope but making sure they had the hardware to back it up. That's a part of the reason why macs have such a longer lifespan than pcs. Much of the iOS 7 upgrade however is glitz for the sake of glitz and as has been mentioned, it is hard on the equipment. My iPhone 4s is more laggy and has less battery life than before and it's only 2 generations old. I just hope the trend doesn't make it's way over to OS X.
                    Well, sure, you are entitled to be wrong. ;)

By the way, what happened to that profile pic you used to have?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Well, sure, you are entitled to be wrong. ;)
                      You my friend, crack me the hell up!
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I would probably like some of these statuses if I could just get like and thanks on mobile :)

Comment

How come I don't get as many likes anymore? I know it's not that my posts aren't just as solid as always. My posts are perfect, but I don't get as many likes as I used to. I am convinced it must be that everyone is using mobile more and more.

Imagine a world where I get no likes ever. No one wants to live in that world. I know I don't. A world where my continued high level of contribution to the board is acknowledged too little. There is only one solution to this growing problem of Dave getting not enough likes, and that solution is having like and thanks on mobile.

I have a dream... That one day everyone who truly, deep down, actually likes my posts (which is everyone) will be able to show how they feel without fear of needing to switch to default style.

Comment

I would have liked this post, but I am on mobile...

Comment

I'd like to add a new feature in addition to the like and thanks on mobile, which I know is coming soon in the latest innovative update to Shockernet.

The new feature I need is a button called "Like and Thank Literally Every Post In This Whole Thread, Start To Finish"

Because I'm getting tired of liking and thanking literally every post in the whole realignment thread. It would save me so much time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                How come I don't get as many likes anymore? I know it's not that my posts aren't just as solid as always. My posts are perfect, but I don't get as many likes as I used to. I am convinced it must be that everyone is using mobile more and more.

Imagine a world where I get no likes ever. No one wants to live in that world. I know I don't. A world where my continued high level of contribution to the board is acknowledged too little. There is only one solution to this growing problem of Dave getting not enough likes, and that solution is having like and thanks on mobile.

I have a dream... That one day everyone who truly, deep down, actually likes my posts (which is everyone) will be able to show how they feel without fear of needing to switch to default style.
                                I 'liked' this post.

And not in an ironic way.

This feature would save me a lot of time. I have to go re-read threads once I'm on a PC so I can give out the likes I intended to on mobile. But I doubt everyone takes notes on which posts to go back and like, as I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X