No announcement yet.

Like and thanks on mobile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the huge screens on phones these days, why do people still use (generally awful) mobile versions? The appearance of SN's mobile version makes my eye twitch; like I'm looking at a forum for Big Bird fans with 20/100 vision or something.

I'm on mobile 90% of the time on SN, and the desktop version works just fine on my phone. It gives identical appearance and functionality to surfing on a PC, at the risk of stating the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      How come I don't get as many likes anymore? I know it's not that my posts aren't just as solid as always. My posts are perfect, but I don't get as many likes as I used to. I am convinced it must be that everyone is using mobile more and more.

Imagine a world where I get no likes ever. No one wants to live in that world. I know I don't. A world where my continued high level of contribution to the board is acknowledged too little. There is only one solution to this growing problem of Dave getting not enough likes, and that solution is having like and thanks on mobile.

I have a dream... That one day everyone who truly, deep down, actually likes my posts (which is everyone) will be able to show how they feel without fear of needing to switch to default style.
      "Your posts are spectacular. Americans won't even believe how great your posts are here. They're tremendous." -- Donald Trump, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        With the huge screens on phones these days, why do people still use (generally awful) mobile versions? The appearance of SN's mobile version makes my eye twitch; like I'm looking at a forum for Big Bird fans with 20/100 vision or something.

I'm on mobile 90% of the time on SN, and the desktop version works just fine on my phone. It gives identical appearance and functionality to surfing on a PC, at the risk of stating the obvious.
        Data consumption matters still to some peasants.
        The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
          Data consumption matters still to some peasants.
          Our mobile skin has about an 80-90% reduction on bandwidth load, which as the Dark Lord mentions, might still be of issue for some.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
            "Your posts are spectacular. Americans won't even believe how great your posts are here. They're tremendous." -- Donald Trump, probably.
            I'm still pretty proud of that post. It was made before Trump was talking that way in the news all the time. You could say Donald Trump talks like Dave Stalwart and not the other way around. His comments are great and perfect and his deals are the best deals, but mine were first :)

And if I can campaign successfully to someday bring like and thanks to mobile, it will be a bigger accomplishment than the wall. We are talking YUGE

Comment

Really need that "like and thank ALL posts in entire thread" button for such a day as this. I don't have time to do it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                Not that it matters at all, but is it possible to get the 'like' and 'thanks' ability added to mobile? I would be doing it all the time if I could. Sorry if this has been addressed in the past. No biggie...just wondering.
                Just to circle back on this request: I have spent quite a bit of time researching our like/thanks system. It is completely incompatible with vBulletin's mobile system. Which really sucks. I don't understand why they would build an add-on that doesn't work with mobile (it's old enough that mobile wasn't as prevalent, but still, you'd think they would have upgraded it by now to work with the mobile side of vBulletin).
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Just to circle back on this request: I have spent quite a bit of time researching our like/thanks system. It is completely incompatible with vBulletin's mobile system. Which really sucks. I don't understand why they would build an add-on that doesn't work with mobile (it's old enough that mobile wasn't as prevalent, but still, you'd think they would have upgraded it by now to work with the mobile side of vBulletin).
                  I figured it was not possible. Thanks for letting me know, though.

Comment

Working...
                  X