No announcement yet.

Minor Issues so far with the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One bad change is it appears spam bots are posting in the off topic. Probably need to tighten up the membership process. Overall I am pleased with the update.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

At least for me, when I view a forum and read all the new posts, when I go back to the top level forum, it still appears that new posts are in the forums I've just read. Even if I refresh (including shift + refresh) it still says new posts exist. When I then go in the specific forum no new posts are shown. Then going back to the top level it also agrees there is nothing new. Not a big deal, just an annoyance.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn View Post
        At least for me, when I view a forum and read all the new posts, when I go back to the top level forum, it still appears that new posts are in the forums I've just read. Even if I refresh (including shift + refresh) it still says new posts exist. When I then go in the specific forum no new posts are shown. Then going back to the top level it also agrees there is nothing new. Not a big deal, just an annoyance.
        I noticed the same thing. Also, how do we tell wich posts are new without reading them? Is the little icon next to how long ago different? If it is, I'm having a hard time telling them apart on my work computer.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Im actually kind of pissed off. I want my avatar back. It took me forever to find that one. FML/SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Shockfan8 View Post
            well until I seen that I lost half of the qty of posts I had
            That's odd. I don't know why it did that.

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla View Post
            One bad change is it appears spam bots are posting in the off topic. Probably need to tighten up the membership process. Overall I am pleased with the update.
            Already updated with an akismet spam key. Lets hope it catches it now.

Originally posted by dregn View Post
            I'll try and look around at the settings as to why it does that, but you can always mark each forum as read when you get done viewing it. Click on Forum Tools and mark as read is one of the options.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I noticed the same thing. Also, how do we tell wich posts are new without reading them? Is the little icon next to how long ago different? If it is, I'm having a hard time telling them apart on my work computer.
            Well a new post will have a yellow image next to it. A new post in a "hot" thread which has over 40 replies, will be bright orange. No new posts will be grey, and no new posts in a hot thread will be a light orange. There is a key at the bottom of each page.

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            Im actually kind of pissed off. I want my avatar back. It took me forever to find that one. FML/SMH
            First world problems, I know, right?
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I get that part Kai. I'm talking in the thread itself. The old board had a little white "tag" or whatever you want to call it if it was old, and a yellow one if it were new. If I look closely, it appears that old ones are still white, but a new post has a light blue maybe. It could just be my work computer, but it's difficult to tell.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Let me see what I can do. I see what you're saying now. I'm following you.

Comment

And post counts have been lessened. It's not that big of a deal. I think I lost about 12k on my total. Not a concern though.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Ok I think I fixed the new post image by each new post, it should be yellow now. Shift+refresh to clear your cache on the page, and we'll see how it goes.

I had someone else say that about posts, which doesn't make sense to me. I got rid of duplicate threads, and adjusted post counts. Not sure why it got rid of some people's posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                      That was a pretty good one. What movie was it from? I can't seem to put my finger on it...
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Hey _kai_, is there a way to get to the smiley list, or are those gone? Like the posters and the other off the wall ones.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Yes, when you do your reply, after making the adjustments you want, like after you hit reply with quote, it takes you to the bottom of the thread for a quick reply. Click go advanced, at the bottom right.

Then on the right side, click [more] by the smilies, and it will show you all the smilies to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            That was a pretty good one. What movie was it from? I can't seem to put my finger on it...
                            American Psycho.

And Kai - better 1st world problems than Meatball problems!!:frog: All good brother.

Comment

Overall, I like the look, feel, and navigation of the new site. I haven't worked it very much, though. It will take a little while to adapt to the nuances of the this release of vBulletin, but overall I like it. The true test will be from my laptop with a small vertical size and slightly less resolution than my work desktop.

A couple of things: 1) There is a lot of wasted space in posts, especially those that have an avatar. It looks like if a user has a signature, that it doesn't start until below the left box with the avatar, join date, location, etc. It also looks like the forum software is adding a bunch of empty space to the end of every post - more wasted space. Is there any way to scrunch that up? I'll check it from the laptop, but I'm guessing 1 1/2 - 2 posts per screen is all I'll be able to see. I really care about the posts, not the avater, signature graphic and other info. A good example are your posts. You have a large avatar and a big graphic in your sig. Takes WAAAAY to much vertical screen space. 2) The Quick Reply box should be a really light grey or white to give more contrast. It is hard to see the cursor icon when you mouse over it. BTW, I do like the default to Quick Reply if you're not quoting a previous post.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                                Overall, I like the look, feel, and navigation of the new site. I haven't worked it very much, though. It will take a little while to adapt to the nuances of the this release of vBulletin, but overall I like it. The true test will be from my laptop with a small vertical size and slightly less resolution than my work desktop.

A couple of things: 1) There is a lot of wasted space in posts, especially those that have an avatar. It looks like if a user has a signature, that it doesn't start until below the left box with the avatar, join date, location, etc. It also looks like the forum software is adding a bunch of empty space to the end of every post - more wasted space. Is there any way to scrunch that up? I'll check it from the laptop, but I'm guessing 1 1/2 - 2 posts per screen is all I'll be able to see. I really care about the posts, not the avater, signature graphic and other info. A good example are your posts. You have a large avatar and a big graphic in your sig. Takes WAAAAY to much vertical screen space. 2) The Quick Reply box should be a really light grey or white to give more contrast. It is hard to see the cursor icon when you mouse over it. BTW, I do like the default to Quick Reply if you're not quoting a previous post.
                                That tends to just be how VBulletin is set up. I don't think I can change the space between the signature, and the post itself.

The quick reply box on my screen is white, is it something different on yours?

Comment

Working...
                                X