This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So you are thinking extra space between the "Thank for this post" and the white box? And same for the "Like this post" and its box?
    No, I’m thinking more space between the first white box “Thanks for this post” and the (thumbs-up) icon for “Like this post”; they seem too close together. I’ve given a few ‘thanks’ when I intended to give ‘likes’. There is a learning curve here, but I’m making good progress. I may have failed the test above.

Still haven’t concurred ‘copy and paste’ from my iPad.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/71/72/5a/7...s-primates.jpg[/img]

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

No, I’m thinking more space between the first white box “Thanks for this post” and the (thumbs-up) icon for “Like this post”; they seem too close together. I’ve given a few ‘thanks’ when I intended to give ‘likes’. There is a learning curve here, but I’m making good progress. I may have failed the test above.

Still haven’t concurred ‘copy and paste’ from my iPad.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/71/72/5a/7...s-primates.jpg[/img]
      Ah, okay! I'll see what I can do!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Well. It array'd. I'm seconding WstateU about the likes and thanks. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but I've done the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Is countdown clock a thing? Cause it's almost go-time. If no, I can start a thread and update it every minute.
          Is it possible to change the font color? The yellow on mobile is almost impossible to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Is it possible to change the font color? The yellow on mobile is almost impossible to see.
            Okay, I will remove it for now and try that after I get the performance and the Thanks/Like stuff figured out.

Comment

• I have disabled the "Thanks/Like" plugin. I am going to experiment with the built in Like button to see if I can get it working the way we want.

Comment

• Test post for new Like functionality.

Comment

• OK I just turned on the built-in Like function. It seems better ... it did NOT generate a freakin' PM when I clicked it ... just a notification. And when I clicked the link in notification it did NOT open a new window! So this is way better and behaving more like the old site did.

We don't get a Thanks button with this version, but it's still far better than all the spam the old plugin was generating.

Play with it and tell me your opinion.

Comment

• I just increased your private message quotas from 200 stored messages to 10,000! Essentially you will have no more private message limits! Except for WuDrWu. I figure it should be about a year before he hits that 10,000 threshold.

If full inboxes were causing the "Array" problem, then that should be a thing of the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I just increased your private message quotas from 200 stored messages to 10,000! Essentially you will have no more private message limits! Except for WuDrWu. I figure it should be about a year before he hits that 10,000 threshold.

If full inboxes were causing the "Array" problem, then that should be a thing of the past.
                      Oh thank goodness. I think this will be a LOT better. It already looks cleaner with just the "like" option underneath. And only getting notifications and not messages will be soooooo nice. Thanks Kung!

Comment

• I like the new "like" button. However, getting PMs with every like or thank did make me feel WAY more popular than I really am, so I will miss that.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          I like the new "like" button. However, getting PMs with every like or thank did make me feel WAY more popular than I really am, so I will miss that.
                          Hahaha

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• About every 3rd or 4th thread I click on it locks up and goes to a black screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                                About every 3rd or 4th thread I click on it locks up and goes to a black screen. Anyone else having this problem?
                                Go here and tell me what your setting is set to:

[Scroll to very top and click your username] --> User settings --> [click Account tab] --> Scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options", and tell me what your "Posts per Page" are set to.

Comment

• rrshock
                                  rrshock commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  It is set to forum default

• Kung Wu
                                  Kung Wu commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  OKay, I was thinking maybe you were just hitting some really long topics. Hmm, this is the first I have heard of this issue, what browser are you using?
                              Working...
                              X