This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ability to comment appears to be turned on in the AdminCP, so I think you should see it. Are you on mobile or on desktop?
    Nevermind, it was turned off at the usergroup level. You should see it now!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WheatShock
      WheatShock commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a neat feature, but doesn't it have the the potential to make of mess of certain threads?

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Possibly. Thinking I should turn it back off, or just leave it on for a bit and see what happens?

• WheatShock
      WheatShock commented
      Editing a comment
      Might as well see what happens.

My thought was that this you might end up with multiple side conversations going on in a thread. On the other hand, it might keep threads from being derailed if people use the comments for the off topic stuff.

• Kung Wu, if someone comments on a post I assume many may never see it unlike an "unread post" which would include posts that quoted another post?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Kung Wu, if someone comments on a post I assume many may never see it unlike an "unread post" which would include posts that quoted another post?
      Yes, that makes sense. I guess comments are for just quick-hitter thoughts, while quoting would be for "continuing the discussion".

Comment

I'm on a note 3 so it probably is different but where did you copy the url into? When I try to copy and paste like I would from a desktop, I only get a "select all" and not a "paste" in the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I'm on a note 3 so it probably is different but where did you copy the url into? When I try to copy and paste like I would from a desktop, I only get a "select all" and not a "paste" in the forum.
          I copy the URL, but then you have to open the advanced editor and click the picture icon and paste it in there, just like on the old site.

Comment

• wichshock65
            wichshock65 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol. I give up. When I copy URL on the giphy website and then try to paste it, I get an error saying invalid file name. You're way too busy to be dealing with this. We'll worry about it later. Thanks for your help though!

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            I will try it again later and make sure I note the exact steps.

• wichshock65
            wichshock65 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks dude

• Comment

• Fixed the font color on the User Settings tabs.

Comment

• When I go to a forum that lists all of the thread, how do I see how many pages each thread has? On vBulletin 4, it showed the page numbers.
              Last edited by 1979Shocker; October 25, 2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                When I go to a forum that lists all of the thread, how do I see how many pages each thread has? On vBulletin 4, it showed the page numbers.
                Hmm, I think there might be a mod I can install that lets you have page buttons on the list of topics. Let me check on that.

Comment

• Popping in to say the improvements are going well. Navigation and use is much improved!

Comment

When I go to a forum that lists all of the thread, how do I see how many pages each thread has? On vBulletin 4, it showed the page numbers.
                    OK I found a mod that costs $20 that does this, but just to be clear, it only shows the pages (and lets you click on them) when you click on a Forum. So once you click the forum it lists all the Topics and below each topic is a bunch of page buttons that you can click on. This behavior does NOT show up when you click "What's new/New Topics" though. Were you talking about when you click on a single Forum or on the New Topics page?

Comment

OK I found a mod that costs $20 that does this, but just to be clear, it only shows the pages (and lets you click on them) when you click on a Forum. So once you click the forum it lists all the Topics and below each topic is a bunch of page buttons that you can click on. This behavior does NOT show up when you click "What's new/New Topics" though. Were you talking about when you click on a single Forum or on the New Topics page?
                      The single Forum.

Comment

• Is the jump to the oldest unread post after clicking on a thread name feature working for everyone? It was for a while for me, which was great and much appreciated, but now it seems to usually go to the end of the page (like where you type posts). I am on Chrome on iPhone.

Thanks Kung Wu for the progress - getting much better.

Comment

• Found the setting to turn off the irritating spam checker for user's posts. Should not have to wait for any posts to be moderated anymore.

Comment

The single Forum.
                            I bought and installed the mod. It works but the buttons are super ugly and hard to read. I have a post in to the author asking advice on how to make them look better.

Comment

Working...
                            X