Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Sure it is. This thread was put in this specific forum for a purpose. 2nd, there are analyses that show that Buffett is liar. The reality is the left know they have to raise taxes on everybody - especially the middle class to pay for their program. But first they have to go through the charade of raising it on the rich (which when they do, will either leave that state, put their money overseas, or have their accountant and attorneys find the loops holes they can game.
    We can agree to disagree. If you want to "debate" a post of a political cartoon or quote, do it with another one. You've done it before and that's how this thread is set up. Leave all the back and forth verbiage in another thread if you wish. Again, challenging a posted quote by someone that did not make it is fair game. I just personally like the way this thread was set up by you. However, since it's yours, I guess if you want to make it something else, have at, but it ruins a neat idea for a thread.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• I see no problem with Doc questioning a meme, since so many are pure made up bs. Its nice to see others posting in here.
        Last edited by kcshocker11; January 3, 2016, 12:58 PM.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Attached Files
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• It's not the nail!

Men just don't listen....
              Whatever is wrong with us?

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Of course they do, why shouldn't they, and you will too if you file a tax return. You will find the path to the least amount of taxes to pay if you are smart, no matter what you make.

Why is it "bad" or "mean" to use what is put there to use?

Look, I'm all for simplifying the tax code. We should eliminate tax loopholes. We shouldn't try to legislate through the tax code. We shouldn't try to test morality through it either.
                Spoon feeding me Doc! Great stuff!!
                Livin the dream

Comment

• A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest require, that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others for essential, particularly for military supplies.

--- George Washington (First Annual Speech to Congress)

Comment

• Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness. In one in which the measures of Government receive their impression so immediately from the sense of the Community as in ours it is proportionably essential. To the security of a free Constitution it contributes in various ways: By convincing those who are intrusted with the public administration, that every valuable end of Government is best answered by the enlightened confidence of the people: and by teaching the people themselves to know and to value their own rights; to discern and provide against invasions of them; to distinguish between oppression and the necessary exercise of lawful authority; between burthens proceeding from a disregard to their convenience and those resulting from the inevitable exigencies of Society; to discriminate the spirit of Liberty from that of licentiousness, cherishing the first, avoiding the last, and uniting a speedy, but temperate vigilance against encroachments, with an inviolable respect to the Laws.

--- George Washington (First Annual Speech to Congress)

Comment

• Previous to the execution of any official act of the President, the Constitution requires an Oath of Office. This Oath I am now about to take, and in your presence, 56 that if it shall be found during my administration of the Government I have in any instance violated willingly, or knowingly, the injunction thereof, I may (besides incurring Constitutional punishmt) be subject to the upbraidings of all who are now witnesses of the present solemn Ceremony.

-- George Washington (2nd Inaugural Address)

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Let it simply be asked, Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.

-- George Washington (Farewell Address)

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• I don't often see excerpts of speeches from Washington. Quite relevant today! Thanks.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X