Israel and friends....foes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have already commented on this subject:

(1) I believe Israel will feel compelled to militarily eliminate or retard Iran’s nuclear ambitions because it is becoming apparent that this Administration does not have a strategy for dealing with the very real threat that Iran poses – aside from bargaining with Israel’s own national security;

(2) Iran will respond militarily to any action by Israel which is why Israel is so keen on augmenting its missile defense systems; and

(3) The Arab countries will not respond substantively to military action by Israel because (a) it is not in their interests for Iran to have nuclear capabilities and (b) Israel’s own “non-existent” nuclear weapons have proven to be a significant deterrent to serious military action on their part.

Comment

Iran 'Immediate' Threat to Israel, U.S.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Mona Charen - Obama's Signal to Israel: Submit

President Obama has sent abundant signals that his foreign policy is 50 percent wishful thinking and 50 percent leftwing mush. There may not be any easy answers to the problem of a nuclear Iran. But pressuring Israel to take suicidal risks is clearly the worst possible approach.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee

President Obama has sent abundant signals that his foreign policy is 50 percent wishful thinking and 50 percent leftwing mush. There may not be any easy answers to the problem of a nuclear Iran. But pressuring Israel to take suicidal risks is clearly the worst possible approach.
          I honestly can't understand how any of this makes sense to them. There are some issues in which I disagree but can kind of understand what the administration is thinking or trying to do. Even though I understand I think they're absolutely wrong. This however, baffles me. Thier entire approach to Israel has me totally confused and a little upset that American leaders are actually taking this stance against Israel. I guess it's better to be liked by the rest of the world than to do what is right.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            Originally posted by jdmee

I honestly can't understand how any of this makes sense to them. There are some issues in which I disagree but can kind of understand what the administration is thinking or trying to do. Even though I understand I think they're absolutely wrong. This however, baffles me. Thier entire approach to Israel has me totally confused and a little upset that American leaders are actually taking this stance against Israel. I guess it's better to be liked by the rest of the world than to do what is right.
            What you are struggling to understand is President Obama’s worldview, a view that is held by the left. The President is not a moderate. When Miss Charen writes about moral equivalence she hit the nail on the head.

You see once U.S. foreign policy is based on moral equivalence (which is precisely what this Administration is doing), i.e., that a Western democratic state is the same as an undemocratic, radical authoritarian entity that embraces terrorism as a tool of state policy then anything becomes possible, from calling for Israeli nuclear disarmament as part of an Iranian deal, to pretending that a purported Hamas ten-year truce is good faith gesture and not simply a decade of chest-thumping before the final assault.

I have come to believe, with regard to this issue, that it is this Administration’s firm belief (no matter how nonsensical) that all the problems of the Middle East will simply vanish if Israel agrees to land concessions establishing the borders that existed prior to 1967. As if the attitudes that existed prior to 1967, which called for the complete destruction of Israel – a conviction that was acted upon militarily on three separate occasions, will cease to exist.

I could go on but needless to say – the implications of this type of world view can end up with very real and tragic results. Of course, as you point out in the opinion of some it is more important to be liked (as if that is the key to all security) then to make difficult choices. However, I think it is also necessary to point out that people with this type of worldview, should their policies meet with tragic results, will never feel guilt for the death and destruction their policies wrought for their intentions were “good” and “noble” – which is all that matters. Besides, when dealing with the Middle East and Israel – it is somehow morally easier to attempt to bargain away another countries security.
            :(

Comment

Panetta Warms Israel Not to Bomb Iran Without Alerting Washington
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Israel to White House: "Umm, since you wanted to know, the missiles should impact in roughly 30, ummm, make that, 10 seconds. Have nice day!"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  Israel to White House: "Umm, since you wanted to know, the missiles should impact in roughly 30, ummm, make that, 10 seconds. Have nice day!"
                  :good:
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Obama Won't Put Deadline on Iran's Abandoning It's Nuclear Weapons Program. I think Israel will
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Netanyahu to Get Pressured to OK Palestinian State.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Ayatolla Khamenei: US Sponsoring Terrorism in Iran

PBO still thinks he can talk Khamenei down...
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Iran Says It Test Fired Missle That Could Hit Israel, US Bases in Mideast

PBO still wants to just talk it out.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If Obama were president in 1941, would he have just "talked" to Japan after they bombed Pearl Harbor?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                              If Obama were president in 1941, would he have just "talked" to Japan after they bombed Pearl Harbor?
                              He probably would have sent them a stern letter and asked them not to do that again. :banghead:
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

76 Senators Write to Obama: Israel at Risk
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X