No announcement yet.

Israel and friends....foes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think that not getting permission from some of these countries would actually stop Israel from doing it if they felt that it had to be done? I sure as hell don't. And you know they'd pretty much have the support of the US.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

IDF Chief of Staff Says Israel Must Prepare to Strike Iran
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Russia Confirms Iran Missle Contract. It's only a matter of time before Israel Acts...
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Grandson of Khomeini Fiercely Denounces Revolution. I never would have guessed this would happen
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Obama is going to lead us to a not so pleasant future with Iran considering he thinks we need to be patient with Iran. His kind of patience is just going to lead to a more dangerous Iran as he seems to be saying we won't push them to do anything they don't want to do and that if we smile at them and don't take any sort of stance that they'll decide that they really don't want nuclear weapons or to usher in the end times and the rise of the Mahdi. Ahmadinejad has been pretty open about what he believes and wants to do. Until the US starts taking him more seriously we could end up being in trouble down the road.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Netanyahu Says US Must Stop Iran or We Will

And he's not joking. Things could end up pretty ugly over there in the not too distant future.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                Netanyahu Says US Must Stop Iran or We Will

And he's not joking. Things could end up pretty ugly over there in the not too distant future.
                No, this is not mere rhetoric but history repeating itself. If Israel feels threatened (and it is clear that they do) they won’t ask permission they will simply act. The ironic thing is while world, including the United States, will publicly scream bloody murder – they are happy to let Israel do the “dirty work”.

Comment

This is going to put a lot on Israels plate. Iran may not be the most popular country in the ME, but if Israel hits Iran they can expect Iran to hit back along with Syria at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few other countries use it as an excuse to attack Israel as well.

I think we can expect Jordan to stay out of it and probably Egypt.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don’t necessarily believe, although it is possible, that a unilateral strike by Israel on Iran’s nuclear facilities will result in overt military action, against Israel, by other countries in the region. Israel did the same thing in 1981 when it hit Iraq’s facility.

I am 90% sure this is going to happen. It is the how that has me fascinated. In other words, how does Israel intend to hit Iran military in a way that will actually have a significant affect on its nuclear program?

Comment

I'm pretty convinced at this point that Iran and it's puppet Syria would use it as a reason to attack. I'm not sure if others would join in or not.

I'm almost certain Israel is going to go in and bomb the crap out of nuclear facilities and military targets. I hope it's successful and I hope they can have a big enough impact on Irans nuclear ambitions and military to really set them back.

As far as '81 goes, I believe that was about 8 years after Israel had fought off Egypt, Syria and Iraq in the Yom Kippur War quite convincingly. And only a few years before that was the domination Israel laid on invaders in the Six Day War. I think at that point Arab spirits were a little broken and another attempted attack on Israel wasn't something they really wanted to do.

That's just my theory though.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I hear you. Of course, it could lead to a larger conflict. However, while the Arab countries don’t like Israel I don’t think they are prepared, on any significant scale, to take Israel on militarily. In fact, I believe a lot of the Arab countries would privately cheer Israel’s action. A weaker and non-nuclear Iran is in their national interest as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                          I hear you. Of course, it could lead to a larger conflict. However, while the Arab countries don’t like Israel I don’t think they are prepared, on any significant scale, to take Israel on militarily. In fact, I believe a lot of the Arab countries would privately cheer Israel’s action. A weaker and non-nuclear Iran is in their national interest as well.
                          Quite true as well.

I guess it'll come down to a weaker Iran or the emotional connection that many Muslims seem to feel towards eachother over there and the common bond that is the dislike of all things Jewish.

I know which one I hope wins out but I'm not as confident in that one at this time...
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            Originally posted by Maggie
                            Quite true as well.

I guess it'll come down to a weaker Iran or the emotional connection that many Muslims seem to feel towards eachother over there and the common bond that is the dislike of all things Jewish.

I know which one I hope wins out but I'm not as confident in that one at this time...
                            Just to add a bit more. I noticed that I was not as specific as I should have been: Some of the “leaders” of Arab countries would privately cheer a strike by Israel that limits Iran’s nuclear program for some of the reasons I already mentioned. The Arab street; however, would go crazy.

Remember these are not democracies we are writing about – it is about political survival for these Arab leaders – it is about maintaining power. In my judgment, a large military reaction to a unilateral strike by Israel would not necessarily serve these interests as it would cause widespread unrest throughout the Middle East. However, these “leaders” would also have to find a way to placate the Arab street thereby minimizing the likelihood of an uprising. But I don’t think that means wiping Israel off the map.

You see, Israel’s very existence is very useful for these “leaders” as they can, and have for decades, redirect their own citizen’s anger toward Israel. This easily manipulates and distracts the Arab street, keeping it from focusing on corrupt and despotic governments.

These Arab “leaders” need Israel to bleed but they may not want Israel dead.

Comment

Good points. It's a delicate balance they have to run. They being the "leaders".

Lebanon and Syria can probably get away with letting Hezbollah do what they want to irritate while playing the political game of it's not us while I'd expect Hamas to also use it as an excuse to continue doing what they do. However, neither of those two pose quite the risk to Israel as actual nations putting troops on the ground.

Although Hezbollah has the numbers and funding to be a little more than a thorn in the side of Israel.

But still, with all the extremism and the rank and file that can get sucked in with them, I do fear them pushing someone over there to go beyond what your thinking. It may not happen but when their power is at risk you never know. And there are enough terror groups that can rally the people and possible persuade another Iranian Revolution in another country.

Who knows. I'm by no means an expert but have done a lot more reading on the situations in the ME the last few years. I'll be interested to hear what someone like Rosenberg thinks of the current situation.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Obama, Officials May OK Iran's Nuclear Program. I don't see this one ending well. The only question now is when does Netanyahu unleash the Israeli Military?
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X