No announcement yet.

Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way is that the number of Kansans who support that. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Absolutely. All of Dems and half of the Republicans.
      I don't think it has to do with party affiliation other than the fact that young folks lean democratic and young folks generally favor legalization. But I know plenty of people young and old, republican and Democrats who smoke and would support legalization. But I also know plenty in all of those groups who don't smoke who would oppose it as well as some that dgaf.
      I fall into the last group, DGAF. I smoked allot in my youth until after I got out of the USMC. Since I made it a very infrequent thing, to now I never smoke. I've always been a Republican though. I still have friends that smoke but I get too lazy and paranoid, so I just don't like it now.

Comment

• I'm pretty much in the DGAF group, EXCEPT I don't want to walk around my city having it stink like Aspen, CO. That **** reeks.

It seems reasonable that personal use by adults 21+ at home shouldn't be criminalized.

Selling or providing to children should be life in prison (and I'm ok with alcohol being in that realm as well).

Smoking it in a non-smoking place (restaurant, concert, arena, hotel, AirBNB, store of some kind etc) should be punishable by auto draft withdrawal from paycheck or government assistance for at least a year. Like $100-$200 per month (weed budget) to reimburse the damaged party and (hopefully) teach the douche a lesson.

Driving under the influence should be loss of license AND car (minimal charge impound at some protected facility, high and tight) for 6 months. 2nd time a year and car is sold with proceeds to rehab, 3rd time, life ban and car is sold. Ditto alcohol.

Comment

I'm pretty much in the DGAF group, EXCEPT I don't want to walk around my city having it stink like Aspen, CO. That **** reeks.

It seems reasonable that personal use by adults 21+ at home shouldn't be criminalized.

Selling or providing to children should be life in prison (and I'm ok with alcohol being in that realm as well).

Smoking it in a non-smoking place (restaurant, concert, arena, hotel, AirBNB, store of some kind etc) should be punishable by auto draft withdrawal from paycheck or government assistance for at least a year. Like $100-$200 per month (weed budget) to reimburse the damaged party and (hopefully) teach the douche a lesson.

Driving under the influence should be loss of license AND car (minimal charge impound at some protected facility, high and tight) for 6 months. 2nd time a year and car is sold with proceeds to rehab, 3rd time, life ban and car is sold. Ditto alcohol.
          Tell that to the 13 year olds who didn’t smoke but ate candy gummi’s at school and became sick. Brains will be forever altered. It probably wasn’t given by adults, but children will be affected by the drug by eating candy. Marijuana “candy” makes ingesting drugs a different world. THC 3X what it was 20-30 years ago.

Comment

• That's an interesting point.

What happened to candy cigarettes? Were they outlawed or just shamed?

Because ACTUALLY putting drugs in candy seems substantially worse than just candy.....maybe it's me.

Comment

That's an interesting point.

Because ACTUALLY putting drugs in candy seems substantially worse than just candy.....maybe it's me.
              Candy makes the marijuana businesses money so they market it to people, and kids get it too.

Psychosis and Schizophrenia are linked to marijuana ingestion in young brains. Present day cannabis can also can be addictive.

The Association Between Cannabis Use and Schizophrenia: Causative or Curative? A Systematic Review
              Ten of the studies had data supporting the causative link between cannabis and schizophrenia. Eight records had data supporting the exacerbating effect of marijuana. Six studies had data supporting the therapeutic effect of the cannabidiol (CBD) component of cannabis. From the current data, we can conclude that the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) component of cannabis can be the main culprit causing psychosis and schizophrenia in the at-risk population. THC can also be the one exacerbating symptoms

Marijuana is one of the most abused substances in the world. Marijuana is getting legalized around the world. So, it is crucial to understand its effect on our mental health. Its impact on the schizophrenia spectrum needs our special attention. Even though marijuana has been around for a long time, …

Comment

Absolutely. All of Dems and half of the Republicans.
                Burnnnnnnn

No pun intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Candy makes the marijuana businesses money so they market it to people, and kids get it too.

Psychosis and Schizophrenia are linked to marijuana ingestion in young brains. Present day cannabis can also can be addictive.

The Association Between Cannabis Use and Schizophrenia: Causative or Curative? A Systematic Review
                  Ten of the studies had data supporting the causative link between cannabis and schizophrenia. Eight records had data supporting the exacerbating effect of marijuana. Six studies had data supporting the therapeutic effect of the cannabidiol (CBD) component of cannabis. From the current data, we can conclude that the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) component of cannabis can be the main culprit causing psychosis and schizophrenia in the at-risk population. THC can also be the one exacerbating symptoms

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32839678/

You could say the same or similar about alcohol but I’m sure you know that.

The main argument for legalizing marijuana that makes any sense at a macro level is that it was thought it would’ve reduced violence and take some of the power out of the cartels. However has it really?

Comment

• Proponents say marijuana legalization boosts the economy. Opponents say legalization creates steep costs for society and taxpayers.

Argue away.

Comment

• I look at raw data. 485 participants.

They did an interesting thing with independent voters - they identified republican leaning independents and democrat leaning independent and then lumped them either republican or democrat instead as a Independent. Independent were at 76% of wanting legalization.

If you break it down, there seems to be independent bias to the poll.

Conservative 30.2% (39% per pew)
                      Independent 48.1% (31% per pew)
                      Liberal 21.6% (27% per pew)

Comment

• To the individuals (at the eagle?) behind the report of 2 out of 3 Kansas who support this, I say...

I checked with 3 people right after I read the ridiculous nonsense, and none of the 3 were in favor. So I found 3 more people and none of them were in favor. Checked with my closest family (4 members), um, nope. My next door neighbors, not in favor. The neighbors to the north of them, no. The family of 5 across the street, not in favor.

By my math it was 19. That's two touchdowns with 2 point conversions and a field goal to zero. The score was so lopsided to start the game I decided to change the channel.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                          To the individuals (at the eagle?) behind the report of 2 out of 3 Kansas who support this, I say...

I checked with 3 people right after I read the ridiculous nonsense, and none of the 3 were in favor. So I found 3 more people and none of them were in favor. Checked with my closest family (4 members), um, nope. My next door neighbors, not in favor. The neighbors to the north of them, no. The family of 5 across the street, not in favor.

By my math it was 19. That's two touchdowns with 2 point conversions and a field goal to zero. The score was so lopsided to start the game I decided to change the channel.

It was Fort Hays State University. They've been doing this polling for a few years and it continues to grow in favor.

I've had this discussion with a number of friends and family and I don't think a single one of them is against legalization. None of them have any desire to partake.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Legalization has been a complete disaster in almost every sense of the word:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...52250X20301305
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Legalization has been a complete disaster in almost every sense of the word:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Legalization has been a complete disaster in almost every sense of the word:

In other news, alcohol related emergency room visits increased 70%+ after prohibition was repealed.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X