No announcement yet.

Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you will take this to say that Marijuana shouldn't be legalized. However, my intention is as information, and a cautionary tale about the possible dangers of Marijuana, driving, and the lack of a legal standard for impairment. The ironic part of this law enforcement officer's death is that it appears that the man admitted to smoking the blunt prior to the accident. If he hadn't told his own tale, law enforcement might not have known? There still is no Kansas law or a test that establishes the amount of marijuana in one's system that is considered legal impairment. So police might suspect, or smell something, but it may not go anywhere. We will have to watch this case, and see what his defense says about this.

Man charged in deputy’s Oct. 7 crash death smoked marijuana ‘blunt’ before driving: affidavit

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/cr...274335050.html
    Last edited by Shockm; April 15, 2023, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Some of you will take this to say that Marijuana shouldn't be legalized. However, my intention is as information, and a cautionary tale about the possible dangers of Marijuana, driving, and the lack of a legal standard for impairment. The ironic part of this law enforcement officer's death is that it appears that the man admitted to smoking the blunt prior to the accident. If he hadn't told his own tale, law enforcement might not have known? There still is no Kansas law or a test that establishes the amount of marijuana in one's system that is considered legal impairment. So police might suspect, or smell something, but it may not go anywhere. We will have to watch this case, and see what his defense says about this.

Man charged in deputy’s Oct. 7 crash death smoked marijuana ‘blunt’ before driving: affidavit

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/cr...274335050.html
      Read the details last night and sad indeed. I don't advocate for anyone to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

The article I read noted a drug test was administered so they knew whether or not he admitted to it.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Read the details last night and sad indeed. I don't advocate for anyone to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

The article I read noted a drug test was administered so they knew whether or not he admitted to it.
        So if 0.8 is the legal amount of alcohol to be under the influence, what is the legal amount of marijuana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So if 0.8 is the legal amount of alcohol to be under the influence, what is the legal amount of marijuana?
          I think that was a response to this comment you made, “If he hadn't told his own tale, law enforcement might not have known?”

It doesn’t have anything to do with your later comment, “There still is no Kansas law or a test that establishes the amount of marijuana in one's system that is considered legal impairment.”
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think that was a response to this comment you made, “If he hadn't told his own tale, law enforcement might not have known?”

It doesn’t have anything to do with your later comment, “There still is no Kansas law or a test that establishes the amount of marijuana in one's system that is considered legal impairment.”
            Right. Therefore, running the stoplight is the only illegal act that ties him to the death of the police woman. The drugs really may not matter. 3rd degree or manslaughter is likely the only good outcome (Careless driving).

Comment

• https://norml.org/laws/drugged-drivi...ugged-driving/

This site notes any drug whereas the operator cannot safely drive is grounds for a DUI. The article I read made several arguments to help build the case. He didn't know where he was, failed to see the stop sign, and reacted much slower than a normal person. Also he was driving 87 in a 55. Anyone who knows the road will typically go no faster than 45 as deer are a problem in the area.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome

I had not heard of this previously. Perhpaps because its rare and primarily affect those that are daily users over an extended period of time. I guess it is like a lot of other things. Use it in moderation you should be okay.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) is a condition that leads to repeated and severe bouts of vomiting. It is rare and only occurs in daily long-term users of marijuana.

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-...%20the%20brain.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 9, 2023, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Eagle - 2 out of 3 Kansans now support legalizing recreational marijuana, survey finds

Roughly two out of every three Kansans support legalizing adult recreational use of marijuana, according to a 2023 weighted survey analysis from Fort Hays State University.

Recreational marijuana is legal in 24 states.

Kansas is surrounded on all sides — Colorado, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma — by states that have legalized recreational use (Colorado and Missouri), medical use (Oklahoma) or largely decriminalized personal use and minor possession (Nebraska). The state’s largest city, Wichita, decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana last year.

But Kansas remains one of a handful of states where minor possession of marijuana can land a person in jail with a criminal record. The only other states where marijuana is fully illegal are Idaho, South Carolina and Wyoming.

Movement on marijuana policy has stalled in the GOP-dominated Kansas Legislature for consecutive sessions and it’s unclear if House and Senate leaders will allow a floor vote in the upcoming session.
                      The Kansas Speaks public opinion survey, published annually by the Docking Institute of Public Affairs at FHSU, found 67.2% of respondents supported legalizing recreational marijuana for individuals 21 and older to allow state taxation.

The findings represent an attitude shift since 2017, when the Kansas Speaks survey first began asking about it. At that time, fewer than half of respondents (49%) supported legalization for recreational use. Support for legalizing marijuana has climbed ever since, with 61% saying they supported it by 2019.

Opposition to recreational use of marijuana has also seen a sharp decline. In 2017, 41% of respondents opposed it. In 2019, more than a quarter of respondents opposed legalization of recreational use. This fall, opposition fell to 16.9%.

The survey also indicated that a majority of Kansas residents would vote for candidates based on their positions on marijuana policy.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• At least 2 out of 3 Kansans are morons, so there's that.

If how you decide to cast a vote for a political office rests on whether or not they support weed, you deserve everything bad this world has to offer.

It's a freaking miracle our country has lasted this long.

Comment

• At least 2 out of 3 Kansans are morons, so there's that.

That's about the ratio of Republicans to Democrats, so there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
                            At least 2 out of 3 Kansans are morons, so there's that.

That's about the ratio of Republicans to Democrats, so there's that.
                            Absolutely. All of Dems and half of the Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If how you decide to cast a vote for a political office rests on whether or not they support weed, you deserve everything bad this world has to offer.
                              If I were to vote for a candidate based one one single issue, it would not be this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

If I were to vote for a candidate based one one single issue, it would not be this one.
                                I don't know if there is a relevant issue upon which I would determine my vote. I wouldn't disqualify a candidate for supporting legalization. Now, I certainly might disqualify one if their number one topic is legalizing weed. If that's the most important thing to you as a public servant, go get a hundred bags of Doritos and lock yourself in your basement but stay out of public service.

Comment

Working...
                                X