Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    We're about to have 50% of the population become experts on attorney-client privilege and the other 50% become experts on exceptions to attorney-client privilege.
    Which camp do you fall in?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting.

You also claimed bias is a perfectly legal, in the spiritus, if not the letter, I presume, operation carried out by law enforcement, right? I can't get behind anything of the sort. Who could? Oh, wait...

• jdshock
      jdshock commented
      Editing a comment
      ShockingButTrue - I just saw your response.

I think what I was trying to point out is that every criminal case has bias of some kind. That's just the nature of our system. The appropriate steps are to remove the biased party (if they are a law enforcement officer) as soon as you're aware that there's a problem, and then you vet the material/testimony they've provided. But it happens all the time. A co-conspirator might get a sweeter deal to provide compelling testimony about a bigger fish. We're totally okay with that kind of bias, BUT the country has decided it's important for the jury to mostly be aware of that kind of bias. If there's a reason you have an incentive to lie, we want to be aware of it.

If you truly wanted a system that prevented people with a bias from testifying, you would NEVER get criminal convictions unless everything were caught on camera.

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. You're description as I recall it then was a little more unclear. I believe the issue was the former and not the latter? Thank you for the distinction though.

But how did immunity apply to Clinton's lawyers though? I don't understand.

• From today:

From the Obama years:

I just find myself agreeing with 2012-2014 Trump about our current president "sooooo" often.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      From today:

From the Obama years:

I just find myself agreeing with 2012-2014 Trump about our current president "sooooo" often.

For me, part of the appeal of Trump was that he was not a neocon like the Bushes and once held positions like this:

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. It appears he's turning his back on stances he once had and what he campaigned on. Sure, Assad is probably a POS but at the very least he is a secular head of state and was fighting against ISIS and Al Qaeda forces. Assad's government was the one thing keeping the jihadists at bay in Syria, and bombing Syria seems to only help the jihadists who were essentially defeated. I'm just not buying the whole Assad is gassing the Syrian people story. It makes no sense. ISIS and Al Qaeda was on the verge of defeat, and then all the sudden he gasses his people, provoking the US and NATO forces to intervene? It makes no sense from a strategic standpoint to bring in stronger powers against you. Then you add the whole Russia element and it gets worse. I'm far from an anti-war guy (probably right-extremist by some standards lol) but I fail to see how this involves American interests. I think we need to close the chapter on the whole regime changing game.

Comment

• I hate to say it, but if we aren’t going to “colonize” a country (and we certainly aren’t) then we should stay the hell out of it.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• STOP THE PRESSES!

Have you heard? Cohen was in Prague after all:

McClatchy, which reported the news, said it was unclear if investigators have evidence Cohen met prominent Russian, as Steele dossier claimed

We're gonna' find out who's smarter; A ham sandwich or Trump.

Comment

• After 15 months, the best evidence of Russian collusion is that Trump’s lawyer was in the Czeck Republic once?
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Maybe a little -ahem- "creative bias" can be extended to Comey, so this whole charade can come to its rightful, as painless as is possible, conclusion. Yeah, right...

Comment

• That's good news.

Apparently the President possesses more skill in diplomatic means than most would ever even consider giving him credit for, even now. Nobel between him and Un? That'd be great!

Un huh... https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-pol...cal-2018-05-04
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 6, 2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• So the Commander in Chief is a bigger threat to national security than these 2 jihadi comforters? If "collusion" could ever destroy the Republic, it would be because of these two swaggering "morally superior" nitwits. To say nothing of Obama... They all sanctioned battle-ax bigotry. They'll probably get a whole lot more than they bargained for in the end. Astonishingly unmatched hubris. Who are the real bigots in this case?

They act like their inflated morality gives them super powers to read minds... oh, wait...

"Can't trust it..." is right!

Discuss..
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 21, 2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Who are those two guys?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Less than a week after Stefan Halper was outed as the FBI informant who infiltrated the Trump campaign, public records reveal that the 73-year-old Oxford University professor and former U.S. government official was paid handsomely by the Obama administration starting in 2012 for various research projects.
                          For a tune of $1,058,161

“They always say, ‘If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.’ So they’re trying hard,” --- Joe Montana

Comment

• When's Mueller gonna' summons this guy? What's taking him so long?

Comment

Working...
                            X