Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Some more information on the 9th circuit:

Cold as Ice: Mitch McConnell Continues Transforming 9th Circuit Court as Impeachment Articles Are Debated

https://www.redstate.com/sister-told...s-are-debated/

The 9th Circuit has undergone a massive overhaul. The 9th Circuit includes 13 district courts, presided over by a total of 112 judges. The Circuit Court of Appeals, in turn, has 29 justices, meaning that 15 constitute a majority. As of November, President Trump had appointed eight new justices to vacancies on the Circuit Court.

The latest change came on Wednesday, when the U.S. Senate confirmed Deputy Assistant Attorney General Lawrence VanDyke of Montana. He previously served as assistant solicitor general for Texas, and solicitor general for both Montana and Nevada.

At present, the 9th Circuit has 13 of 29 total justices nominated by Republican presidents. Just a whisker away from a majority.

Democratic Congressman Jim Himes (CT) said in an interview last week that he and other Democrats were seriously frustrated with McConnell because all their legislation was being log-jammed once it reached the Senate.

“The reason that they are not going anywhere has nothing to do with distracted Democrats because every week we pass bills. It has to do with the fact that Mitch McConnell has converted the United States Senate into a machine to approve judges,” he stated.
    So a little off the path here....but the Dems are threatening to stack the SC if they regain power by adding more SC Justices - up to 15 or more total. If the Republicans take back the House and keep the Senate and Trump is re-elected - I think we should consider granting their wish except add Conservative Justices. Thoughts ?

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

So a little off the path here....but the Dems are threatening to stack the SC if they regain power by adding more SC Justices - up to 15 or more total. If the Republicans take back the House and keep the Senate and Trump is re-elected - I think we should consider granting their wish except add Conservative Justices. Thoughts ?
      Nah, replacing RBG with a conservative will do the job. After that, all the lefties heads will explode, which will solve a lot of problems.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Impeach due to imbalance of power. Because the US is the strongest nation, any suggestions are unjust.

Need to reboot the apology tour!
        No more of that.

FalseProphet.gif

Comment

I would not be for that.

Comment

No. The less power the gov has the better. As soon as one party opens Pandora’s box, the other party will turn that against them. Honestly, adding a bunch of SC justices by the opposition is something that could radicalize me.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Adam Schiff throwing a hissy fit...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Does this really cripple the 2nd article as Alan Dershowitz claims?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...-charge-trump/

Does this really cripple the 2nd article as Alan Dershowitz claims?
                  I don't think that 2nd article needed any crippling. It's pretty weak sauce as is.

Comment

• Rep. Jeff Van Drew, anti-impeachment Democrat, expected to switch parties after Trump meeting

Comment

• Ruh-Roh!
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Predication Is for Chumps: The Sorry Lesson Linking Crossfire Hurricane to Robert Hanssen

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...t_hanssen.html

Kind of a long article by a former FBI counterintelligence agent but well written and informative.

Comment

• Unconstitutional Impeachment: The Real Abuse of Power

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti..._of_power.html

Comment

• The Hill’s Kevin Brock published a quote from an anonymous Wyoming rancher. This shrewd man summed up Mueller’s position brilliantly. He said, “We know that old boy didn’t actually steal any horses, but he’s obviously guilty of trying to avoid being hanged for it.” I don’t think I’ve ever read a better, more understandable explanation of what the Mueller Report is all about.

Comment

• Comment

• McConnell rips Schumer impeachment demands, vows not to pursue ‘fishing expedition’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...ing-expedition

The Turtle with a very effective response to Chuck U. Schumer's demands.

Comment

Working...
                                X